2022 Denali digital instrumental cluster

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
android runs a modified linux kernel so its already running linux.
but android is unstable in any form, many things are based on Linux it's all the junk they add to it that makes it unstable, maybe gm's own linux based os will be better, currently there using a google android based system.

Dayzoo

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
We recently had to take our 2022 Yukon Denali to the dealer, with mileage under 2k, the instrumental cluster started to blink on and off and a light came on that says "Service Instrumental Cluster", we had, few weeks prior another light that said "Check door latch" light that came on and we couldn't roll windows down and the dealer reset it by taking the fuse out and GM told them that they are working to update the computer software of these new Yukons..now when this other instrumental cluster light came on, we left ot overnight yesterday and still waiting, GM techs are supposed to contact the dealer on what to do...I understand technology, the vehicle itself is great..why is software an issue? Shouldn't their techs figure out all these bugs before selling to customers? Or is this GM's way of checking what's going on with their software as customers experience it...because it is really annoying...anyone has thoughts on this?

I had the same error light = 'service instruement panel' - it went away and never returned. I had it at the dealer for another issue, and told them. They said it was a software update. (isn't that always the reason? haha)

And a reminder that Cadillac and Denali's are the guinea pigs for new technology and features. The techs aren't always up to date with the fixes for these issues, or GM hasn't had enough problems to issue service bulletins to dealers.

MyChevy

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi All,

Last Saturday I started by 22 Tahoe LT later in the afternoon after using it for some errands in the afternoon and the dash came up black. I drove for a couple of minutes, pulled over and restarted it with the same result. I then drove it home and parked it. When I started it on Sunday everything was normal. Early Monday I took it to a dealer with no appointment. Within two hours it was diagnosed as needing a software update which they did. The washed it and sent me on my way.

Hoepfully it is good going forward. I have 14,000 Kms on it with no issues prior to this.

George

Gibby13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
but android is unstable in any form, many things are based on Linux it's all the junk they add to it that makes it unstable, maybe gm's own linux based os will be better, currently there using a google android based system.
Android unstable in any form? That is like saying every vehicle of X manufacture is garbage. Pure AOSP is very stable.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Android unstable in any form? That is like saying every vehicle of X manufacture is garbage. Pure AOSP is very stable.
ya that's why every android device on the planet has to be rebooted once in a while or completely reset or it just goes goofy or fails to work properly it has really really poor memory management and eventually burns up cpu's, it has improved from 10+ years ago but is still buggy, It's also why when you call "tech support" one of the first things they tell you is to "reboot" or factory reset, ya works great......... it is what is but I was somewhat surprised when I discovered it was going to be used a base system on motor vehicles, kind of scary in my eyes but I guess as long as there is a analog redundancy for safety devices then hopefully no one will get killed. It's fine for a mobile os because you can just press the power button and restart it I don't think it's the brightest idea for car's myself, watch in a couple years we are to going start seeing "cpu's" having to be replaced in these vehicles won't take long hopefully it won't be terribly expensive.

TrueAt1stLight

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 22’ Yukon Denali just had the digital instrument cluster fail at 8,900 miles. They have to take the entire dash apart to replace it, which I’m NOT wild about but it is what it is. I’ll report back after the fix shows.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cbrpilot2