2022 Chevy RST - Dealership Question For Pick Up

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RST Dana

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thank you all very much. I really appreciate your time and comments.
I always look at tire/wheel coverage. I have had one wheel repair and 5 tires replaced, all for free, over the past few years.

esbrittain

Reaction score
Basically, yes. I honestly would not be surprised if this was the same in many other states. I just doubt it’s really ever been a thing until lately. Dealerships have the upper hand right now.

My dealer accepted supplier pricing, low dealer fee, and didn’t force any add ons. That’s rare in my area and I spoke to a TON of dealers. Their sales manager told me they required finance because people were buying cars from them then turning around and flipping for a profit. Forcing their finance was their way of ensuring you keep the vehicle at least 6 months or pay an early finance penalty.
Curious to know which NC dealer you purchased from…please say City Chevrolet in Charlotte haha

Also, 2007 graduate here. Go Heels :)

GoHeels

Reaction score
It was not City Chevrolet but I did speak with them. They accepted supplier but required $1k in add-ons (tint $500, door edge guards $300, nitrogen $200) + $700 dealer fee.

I purchased from Abernethy in Lincolnton, just outside of Charlotte. They have a $500 dealer fee but no required add-ons. I then had a local shop do ceramic tint & edge guards for $500.

Not a UNC grad, but born & raised in NC & always been a Heels fan!

esbrittain

Reaction score
It was not City Chevrolet but I did speak with them. They accepted supplier but required $1k in add-ons (tint $500, door edge guards $300, nitrogen $200) + $700 dealer fee.

I purchased from Abernethy in Lincolnton, just outside of Charlotte. They have a $500 dealer fee but no required add-ons. I then had a local shop do ceramic tint & edge guards for $500.

Not a UNC grad, but born & raised in NC & always been a Heels fan!
Yeah that’s exactly what they added to mine. It was an unclaimed stock order, so I jumped on it anyway. Hoping they’ll be cool about letting me bring my own financing or at least matching what I find. Hopefully I’ll find out soon!

2591tdj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not a plug for them, I have no skin in the game, but Your Auto Advocate has a bunch of great material and videos on their website to take you through what to expect. (See their deal school, its free, here https://community.joinyaa.com/c/deal-school/ )

I highly suggest you spend time watching their videos about what goes on in the Finance and Insurance department.
Do a little pre work and understand what you can buy service contracts for on the open market, and recognize you can always add these after the purchase, regardless of what the guy doing the paperwork tells you.
My view on service contracts is I never buy them: I view them as a financial product, which is there to make the dealer and the issuer money. You would be better served putting the same amount of your own cash in a bond fund (even if you think about financing it, just save the cash off to the side), and use it for future repairs...there are some that disagree w/ me, but there is a reason this is a high profit part of the deal...
Good advice. There are lots of YouTube videos on vehicle buying do’s and don’t including dealing with the finance department. I like some of Chevy Dude’s videos.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juju14