2022 Cadillac Escalade blown engine!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Polo08816

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Its not a bad design. It's a supplier issue. The pushrod v8s are incredibly simple. To take the heads off is extremely easy. This is not a over head cam engine. The hardest part about the job is getting the exhaust manifold bolts loose.

And you are right there is a tsb with years and date ranges because it's a supplier issue.

All cars have issues. This statistically isn't that big of a deal. You don't understand how many hundreds of thousands of these engines there are and the failure rate is ridiculously small.

Still it sucks for it to happen. But that's what warranty is for.
That's why I prefer the GM full size SUV over the competition (Expedition, Wagoneer/GW, and Sequioa).

But I'll be more than happy to settle for a naturally aspirated DOHC V8 like the Ford Coyote. It beats troubleshooting a turbocharged V6/I6 or a turbocharged V8.

Seamus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Its not a bad design. It's a supplier issue. The pushrod v8s are incredibly simple. To take the heads off is extremely easy. This is not a over head cam engine. The hardest part about the job is getting the exhaust manifold bolts loose.

And you are right there is a tsb with years and date ranges because it's a supplier issue.

All cars have issues. This statistically isn't that big of a deal. You don't understand how many hundreds of thousands of these engines there are and the failure rate is ridiculously small.

Still it sucks for it to happen. But that's what warranty is for.

Its the design. And its the defective part. Thats why this issue exploded in 2021. GM has had lifter issues all along the way starting with the LS. motor. Hit or miss not a big issue. BUT...AFM and DOD collapsable lifters became a common issue especially with poor maintenance. But you only had 4 of them in the motor. The new LT has more than 4 of these lifters increasing your odds of an issue. LT is no fun to work on in comparision to the LS motor. LS= easy...LT= A PITA. Really unfortunate as they did a great job with the new truck. All cars all manufactures have some issue...I am a GM fanboy and this lifter issue is ridiculous and has gone on too long.

DuraYuk

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Its the design. And its the defective part. Thats why this issue exploded in 2021. GM has had lifter issues all along the way starting with the LS. motor. Hit or miss not a big issue. BUT...AFM and DOD collapsable lifters became a common issue especially with poor maintenance. But you only had 4 of them in the motor. The new LT has more than 4 of these lifters increasing your odds of an issue. LT is no fun to work on in comparision to the LS motor. LS= easy...LT= A PITA. Really unfortunate as they did a great job with the new truck. All cars all manufactures have some issue...I am a GM fanboy and this lifter issue is ridiculous and has gone on too long.
Its a supplier issue. Not every vehicle built exhibits a problem. If it was a design issue they all would.

stevedonato

Reaction score
I'm sure CEO's at Toyota and Nissan are smiling. How disgraceful of GM to have this happen when their trucks/suv's of the 1990's run forever. I think they are trying to save too much Money and using too many cheap China parts.

DuraYuk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm sure CEO's at Toyota and Nissan are smiling. How disgraceful of GM to have this happen when their trucks/suv's of the 1990's run forever. I think they are trying to save too much Money and using too many cheap China parts.
This a joke?
Cheap China parts ?
You do realize that China manufactures things to spec given by the person/company that needs it produced ? If it's meant to be cheap it will be. If it's meant to be quality it will be. Just like any other manufacturer .

There's tons of cheap stuff from China because they want it to be cheap. Just like tons of quality stuff.

It's crazy that even in 2022 we still have this stereotype. Its kinda sad how ignorant some of us are. Smh.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mmikem01