2022 Cadillac Escalade blown engine!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Stbentoak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
And the high schools offered trade classes: auto, wood, metal shop; accounting; clerical (typing & shorthand); cooking; homemaking, etc. I know that some of that sounds like suburban old-school "careers" but the point is that some of us didn't need to go to college to find an interest in a trade, or working with our hands.
When I was still working I asked my local career center leader send me the top three candidates you have in your metals class and I will give them an apprenticeship in my business.
He pulled me to the side, and quietly said, there isn’t a single kid in this class that I would recommend to you. They just take these classes because they are easier than bookwork classes…..

Miami-Dade

Staff member
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can we please stay on topic from here on in.

Post in the Lounge Section if you want to keep on posting on the other issues. Thank you!

I don't disagree with some of the posts here but This Topic is about
a 2022 Escalade Blown Engine.

Happy New Year.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can we please stay on topic from here on in.

Post in the Lounge Section if you want to keep on posting on the other issues. Thank you!

I don't disagree with some of the posts here but This Topic is about
a 2022 Escalade Blown Engine.

Happy New Year.
Understood. :happy107:

ElizabethMimi

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
My brother-in-laws 2022 Escalade's engine just blow the other night. Has anyone heard about this in other Escalades or is this one just a fluke?
My 2022 Escalade that I bought new now has 20k miles and has a blown engine. Driving 80 on interstate it loses power with no other signs of trouble. Pull over restart go another 20 miles lose power again. It’s in shop for third week at dealership. They provided me with 2022 Escalade with 10 mi and are replacing the engine. This is my third Escalade and Escalades have been a favorite. Now, I’m very uncertain and don’t know what to do. Really can’t trust my family’s safety in this car.

UsualSuspect

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 2022 Escalade that I bought new now has 20k miles and has a blown engine. Driving 80 on interstate it loses power with no other signs of trouble. Pull over restart go another 20 miles lose power again. It’s in shop for third week at dealership. They provided me with 2022 Escalade with 10 mi and are replacing the engine. This is my third Escalade and Escalades have been a favorite. Now, I’m very uncertain and don’t know what to do. Really can’t trust my family’s safety in this car.
If you think any of the others are any better, they are not. The quality of the parts, as well as the robots and folks building them are not what it used to be.

tom3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's really a shame that these motors have gotten to this point with all the techno-gizmos that have been added. These V8 engines used to be near 100% reliable after the first couple years on the market. This is the last thing you'd expect in a Cadillac.

slc4s

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Similar thing just happened to me in my 2022 Escalade. Full nightmare scenario. On vacation with wife and 4 kids (one of which is a baby). Cruising about 75 mph. Car starts losing power. Wont go over 60, then 40, getting slower. So I pull over, no warning lights on, no strange smells, open the hood nothing leaking and no sign of excessive heat. Car is dead. Won't start. Electronics all come on but motor won't even click. Gets towed to local dealer who now 3 days later tells me the engine is seized and needs a full replacement. The good news is motors are backordered until at least october so i'm going to be at least 3 months without a car and when I get it back it will be worth tend of thousands of dollars less. spoke to another dealer who currently has 5 cars waiting for new motors. For a vehicle that cost more than $120k this is so absurd I can't even believe it.

B-train

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately the CADILLAC name is only synonymous with high profit margin/mediocre quality anymore. It USED to be a name plate that was really different and respected. That all started going away in the last 40 years. Then it was given a new, edgy persona, and look way better than they did for a number of years. There is some better quality compared to the similar vehicle of a different name plate, but I personally don't see where they justify the pricing.....GM basically prints money every time one of those rolls off the line and sells for 6 times what it cost to produce.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
staffie

Latest posts