2022 6.2 Tahoe Black Soot

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
just get under thing (while cold) loosen the exhaust bolt, push the ends together tighter, tighten bolt, done.
quit wasting time and energy on it and fix it, if that doesn't work or if it comes loose again slip a exhaust shop a $20 and have them tack it up.
no point in stressing over it and worrying about something so simple to fix.
live your life....

OP
OP
P

Purcilas

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
just get under thing (while cold) loosen the exhaust bolt, push the ends together tighter, tighten bolt, done.
quit wasting time and energy on it and fix it, if that doesn't work or if it comes loose again slip a exhaust shop a $20 and have them tack it up.
no point in stressing over it and worrying about something so simple to fix.
live your life....
I would do it myself if this vehicle did not cost over $70,000 and it’s brand new.

I should not have to fix my new car myself while it’s under warranty.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would do it myself if this vehicle did not cost over $70,000 and it’s brand new.

I should not have to fix my new car myself while it’s under warranty.
I guess but I wouldn't even bother don't have the time to screw around with the dealer when I could take 5 minutes and do it myself.
historically that clamp is a problem, it will work it's way loose again over time they always do eventually, more so on the new trucks poor design. I had the muffler shop put a couple tack welds on mine to keep it from coming loose, that way if the exhaust needs to be pulled it just takes a couple hits with a grinder to cut the tack welds.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cbrpilot2