2022 5.3 Tahoe belt issues.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

B520044

Full Access Member
Reaction score
could be something as simple as loosening mounting bolts up and re-torque, you might suggest that next time you drop it off. i wouldn't run off the deep end to lemon law or moaning to gm corporate just yet for some :squeal:
I wouldn't call it the deep end. It really was an easy process. Maybe 2 phone calls and 4 emails. Email your documents, they decide if you have a case or not, sign their form and you wait. Its all a game with GM and the Attorneys.. All while you continue getting your vehicle fixed.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't call it the deep end. It really was an easy process. Maybe 2 phone calls and 4 emails. Email your documents, they decide if you have a case or not, sign their form and you wait. Its all a game with GM and the Attorneys.. All while you continue getting your vehicle fixed.
maybe the law is different where you are but doing it here in Ca is like changing it to a salvage title, just seems like a rather steep approach.
I would think a simple squeal could be dealt with either under warranty or personally by just trying a few things none of which would affect your factory warranty at all.
if it was left repeatedly at the dealer for periods of time I did not get to spend enjoying my new vehicle I would simply address it myself. If it was something more severe or costly then perhaps not.

houstontaylor

Reaction score
Been watching this forum since my purchase about 1.5 months ago.. its a wealth of information!
I have roughly 2,400 miles on this 5.3 and it has been to two different dealers for ongoing belt squealing. So far the idler pulley has been replaced and main belt, still squealing.. was over bringing it to the dealer I purchased from and tried a new dealer... replaced the small belt I think for the AC compressor.. about 2-3 hundred miles later squealing again.. im basically at wits end right now.. the next time it goes back it will be the 5th time going back to a dealer in 2,400 miles... normal belt squealing sound... used to present itself when fully warmed and now it's there all the time.. just curious on any advice you all might want to give.. thank you!!
You didn't mention replacing the tensioner for the AC compressor belt. I just replaced mine due to intermittant squeal noise due to bearings going out but mine has high miles on it. I was able to tell what side of the engine the noise was on with the hood open by sound when the engine first started up using my remote start pager. Then I pulled the lower splash shield and it became obvious by sound it was either the AC compressor or the AC compressor belt tensioner. Using a stethoscope from O'reilly's I was easily able to tell it was the tensioner. Maybe yours has a manufacturing defect. Or else the stethoscope would help find the actual noise source. Maybe try another mechanic or dealer. All mechanics are not created equal and a good one is worth his weight in gold. Perhaps that dealer shop isn't giving the mechanics enough time to troubleshoot?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jhefner

Latest posts