2021 Z71 Tahoe Transmission Problem, Recalls etc...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TMHincks

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have had my Tahoe for a year. Already its has been in the shop for over 14 days. There have been 5 recalls, and a number of minor issues like tire pressure gauges problems, but now its leaking transmission fluid. I bought the service package ahead of time so supposedly its received the best service money can buy. If that is true than its just a poorly built car. In one year this car has been in the shop more than my last 4 cars combined. Is anyone else having these issues with their 2021 Tahoe?

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
it's a new model design, you are one of the Guinea pigs, when the masses report a problem, gm techs make a note, when the problem is found to be system side (multiple reports of the same problem), they issue a fix, hence "recall"
the real fix is to wait 3-4 years into a new model design after most of the recalls have been addressed already.

Micahsd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So far mine that was built in March hasn't had anything go wrong with it. During an oil change the dealer updated the firmware on something (think the radio to fix some screen blanking issue which i never experienced), otherwise no issues. I only have 6,350 miles on it, but hopefully things keep going well with it.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
@TMHincks, welcome to the forum and welcome to the site with many other listed problems of the 2021's. Lifters are the big winner here but this transmission leak is the first I have heard of that.

Man, I really really really like my 05 Z71

TrueAt1stLight

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@TMHincks My 2021 Yukon Denali had a “wrinkle” in the seal of the transmission housing (or something along those lines) which caused a huge amount of tranny fluid to leak out right at around 350 miles on the odometer. It required a tow back to the dealership and aside from my lifters going out at 12,995 miles, my Yukon has been trouble-free. (In other words: “Aside from that Mrs. Lincoln: how was the play?”)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2DoeProjectHoe

Latest posts