2021 Yukon XL Illuminated GMC Logo

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nexus

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Installed the 2021 illuminated GMC badge on a 2020 Yukon.
Had to make it fit the grill and all the tabs had to be cut into the plastic and the grill to make it fit.
Installed electrical to the fuse panel using a extended circuit fuse holder.
I installed it to a circuit that stays on when the engines running and cuts off with the key.
The two wires coming from the LED the blue is the hot the black is a negative I know
that seems obvious But sometimes I have come across the black On some vehicles to be the hot
or positive. Took about two hours from start to finish.
It looks factory. If you did know it wasn't supposed to be there on this model.

20210224_165405.jpg

20210224_164606.jpg 20210224_161902.jpg

20210224_161902.jpg 20210224_161902.jpg

Stip

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello,
Would you please post video of how to wire it onto a 2016-2020 Yukon? Thank you.

Stip

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello,
I forgot to mention from above post. I tried connecting the plugs but does not seem to fit correctly. Once it plugged in only the C from GMC emblem lights up. What is the best way to fix this? Thank you.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hello,
I forgot to mention from above post. I tried connecting the plugs but does not seem to fit correctly. Once it plugged in only the C from GMC emblem lights up. What is the best way to fix this? Thank you.
If only the "C" lights up then the emblem is bad internally, return it

Stip

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello,
So just to be sure before I return it, the illuminated emblem connection is compatible with my 2016 headlight connection correct? Plug and play right? All the letter should light up and if only part of it means it defective? Thank you.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hello,
So just to be sure before I return it, the illuminated emblem connection is compatible with my 2016 headlight connection correct? Plug and play right? All the letter should light up and if only part of it means it defective? Thank you.
There is only 2 wires that enter the emblem to light it up, if only the "c" is lit up then it is internally defective and not repairable unless you are skilled at the art of acrylic work.
I have the "chevy" bowtie version on my 18 and I believe it is compatible from 16-19, the case should be the same for the sister GMC's even if they are not marketed for 16+.
I also have the 2021 GMC unit and it is also 2-wires into the led.

Stip

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
There is only 2 wires that enter the emblem to light it up, if only the "c" is lit up then it is internally defective and not repairable unless you are skilled at the art of acrylic work.
I have the "chevy" bowtie version on my 18 and I believe it is compatible from 16-19, the case should be the same for the sister GMC's even if they are not marketed for 16+.
I also have the 2021 GMC unit and it is also 2-wires into the led.
I will return it. Thank you for your help.

Stip

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello, I got the new emblem. Today I took it in to a GM dealer and those guys said they could not get it to work after 6 hours. Will you please give me step by step and provide parts that I need to install this illuminated emblem to my 2016 Yukon Denali? Or pictures will help. Thank you.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hello, I got the new emblem. Today I took it in to a GM dealer and those guys said they could not get it to work after 6 hours. Will you please give me step by step and provide parts that I need to install this illuminated emblem to my 2016 Yukon Denali? Or pictures will help. Thank you.
are you buying these used or returned product or something? it should have instructions in the box, it connects to the drivers side headlight harness, it's LED so it has a positive and a negative, it will come not yet attached so you can check the polarity first before plugging the wires in.

Stip

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Got it brand new on GM accessories store. No instructions. I tried the driver side light harness and it is not compatible. I want to hot wire it so it is on when the engine is running on a 2016 Yukon Denali. How can this be done safely without interfering with the car electrical? Thanks again.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
22loweryak

Latest posts