2021 Yukon Shudder

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Yukonowner21

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I’m new here and sorry this is long but I’m at a loss. Bought my 2021 Yukon Denali in December 2020. In April, I started having intermittent issues with it shuddering when going up inclines. Had just gotten new gas and wondered if it was bad. Didn’t happen all the time so decided to get through that tank of gas. Got a new tank of gas and the next day my low oil light came on. Parked it for a few hours and it showed absolutely no oil on the dipstick, repeated an hour later and the same. Added a few quarts and the next morning it showed overfilled. Took it to the dealership and noticed the shuddering was better. They changed the oil and sent me on my way. Within a few days it was doing it again. It isn’t just inclines. But when it happens, it’s almost always when accelerating and can be at any speed. I’ve had it happen as low as 14mph and as high as 81.

Two days at the dealership and they couldn’t find anything wrong with it. The service manager and technician were able to drive it and eventually recreate the issue. GM engineering said to replace the transmission. 3 weeks later I finally got it back. Within a day it was back to doing it again. It’s very random. Today I made 5 trips and it happened on 3 but not 2. The dealership wants me to bring it back to have someone ride with me. Anyone have any insight?

Donny87

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
We bought ours not long after you did and A few weeks ago every other time we would go to reverse a warning came on screen and cameras would not work. Then last week an alarm came up saying SD card failure. Then a few days ago weird stuff with NAV started happening. Then....lol yesterday 6/3/21 engine light came on, and it wont do over 50 mph. GMC service is terrible, and they wont even give us a loaner car while they figure problem. We're not exactly having the same problem you are but... Just wanted to share our experience with our 2021 Yukon Denali

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum from Oregon and congrats on your new ride.

I recommend that you stay away from your own oil changes if in fact you checked oil, saw no oil on the dipstick, added a FEW!!!! quarts of oil and you added enough to be overfull. So, you did not check oil level as you added? Do you know the end of the oil dipstick does not go to the bottom of oil pan?

Keep taking to the dealer for your other problem and make sure you keep GREAT DETAILED RECORDS of your visits and make the dealer document your concerns and their findings on ALL DOCUMENTS involved in the repair process.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MyCleftNut

Latest posts