2021 YUKON DUAL DASHCAM, FRONT AND REAR, THINKWARE F800 PRO, OBDII INTEGRATION

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LVYukon2021

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I would like if there are anyone installing this Dashcam in your SUV. Pros & Cons.
Thank you

Bill 1960

Testing the Limits
Reaction score
I’ve had one for two years in our motorhome, it’s an excellent camera. The F800 is not a current model, although I think there’s still some being sold. I like it well enough I just bought a new U1000 for my daily driver.

By OBD integration I suppose you mean the power cable accessory to power it? I haven’t used that but I see no reason it would present any issue. The camera doesn’t care where the power source is.

Gibby13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I installed a Blackvue DR900s with the power magic. I don not like using the ODBII port.

OP
OP
L

LVYukon2021

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I installed Blackvue DR900x and it comes with power magic and it's working great.

CASTLEDFW15

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had CarToyz install a Thinkware U1000 dual dashcam. Not overly impressed with the installation but appears to work. They installed two, removed two and transferred one of them to he Tahoe.

There is one fairly importent step you have to watch for…rather the installers has to watch for………The rear camera wiring, or at minimum the USB cable from monitor to cameras…..Make sure there is enough slack in the cable. There needs to be enough slack so that if the lift gate is opened with glass only.

Install note 2……….. when m ounting the front camera make sure of the location. I installed. mine to the right of the windshield. Make sure ther is enough room to access cables if needed for troubleshooting…….Definitelt make sure SD card is installed prior to mounting the front camera. After that a pretty straightforw installation……especially if your having outside installer.

The Thinkware itself is a pretty good camera and minus making sure you get a good installer and the extra slack for rear camera.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phoenix2k9