2021 Yukon Denali Purchased!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Denali2021

Denali2021

Reaction score
Opted for a similar color on our 06 Denali. Once cleaned and detailed, that color pops. You had any thoughts to applying a paint protection system?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I do all my own polishing/paint correction/detailing on all our vehicles so I feel comfortable leaning twds doing a DIY consumer grade ceramic coating on the entire truck. Playing with the idea of doing a paint protection film on the front clip and hood (professionally installed) which you can ceramic coat on top of so we'll have to see about it all

Denali2021
The dual exhaust looks very sporty. Is the sound throaty at idle and under acceleration. The 3.5" single exhaust from previous years did have a good sound so I would like your opinion on how yours sounds.

So looking up underneath it unfortunately is not a true dual exhaust system. It goes from dual headers down thru dual cats and then the drivers side downpipe cuts across under the tranny and T's into the passenger side downpipe forming a single pipe that then goes into the single muffler. This is the longest dang muffler i've ever seen. It probably travels the distance underneath the truck from the back of the front seats to the back of the 3rd row seats! Upon exiting it T's off again for the dual exhaust look out the back with welded on quad exhaust tips. IMO its still in essence the same single exhaust setup and would expect it to sound very similar to current gen. It does have a nice rumble you can hear indoors on a remote cold start and under acceleration I feel theres a good mixture of subtle engine and exhaust notes coming into the cabin however it is overall a very quiet cabin.

My daily driver is a Challenger with the 5.7 Hemi that has deleted cats, muffler delete, and electronic exhaust cutouts that dump right after the headers when i really get bored... so I may not have the best ear for this but my wife says it sounds deep/aggressive and really likes her first taste of driving a V8 :)

GoCardz

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
How are the LED headlights at night?

OP
OP
Denali2021

Denali2021

Reaction score
How are the LED headlights at night?

The LED headlights are the brightest/best performing headlights I've personally ever experienced. They are a perfect pure cool white color and when you pair their bright intensity with the height of the truck and their projection angle, the visibility at night is amazing. If you're familiar with the Kelvin color temperature scale then I'd say these are a solid 7000k in temperature color. When this thing pulls up behind you with the all the headlight/foglights/GMC emblem going it's stunning.

WTSHARK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OP
OP
Denali2021

Denali2021

Reaction score
Does the grille GMC illuminate? It looks like it does, but I can't tell if it's just reflecting the ambient light. That's pretty cool using the GMC to indicate where to slide your foot for the hand's free liftgate operation.

Oh yea, that thing def lights up on its own! Its not as bright as the headlights or anything but its just enough. Its part of the Illumination Package. You get the front emblem that lights up along with the GMC emblems that illuminate underneath both side mirrors.

cardude2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does the grille GMC illuminate? It looks like it does, but I can't tell if it's just reflecting the ambient light. That's pretty cool using the GMC to indicate where to slide your foot for the hand's free liftgate operation.
Yeah most new vehicles in that price range now offer at least puddle lights and many offer lit emblems and LED headlights.

BG1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Finally got my hands on one of these and in my driveway! There is lots of misinformation out there when calling around dealerships... but for the record these are definitely beginning to hit dealer lots. The larger dealers will likely have more inside scoop and designated allotments from the manufacturer. Be prepared to pay sticker. I've communicated with tons of dealers across the nation to get a feel for what expected pricing was going to be, all but one would not budge off MSRP. And we currently have absolutely no leverage to really negotiate because you can't really threaten with shopping the next dealer down the highway because there were only a few in all of Dallas. I had to drive to Houston to find this one with everything I wanted. Alot of these are arriving on lots pre-purchased. I lost out on a couple of other deals because they were being snatched up a day or 2 after arriving and I was dragging my feet.

She's fully loaded with the Denali Premium Package, Rear Seat Screens, Max Trailering, and the Illumination Package. Window sticker attached. There are currently ZERO factory incentives on this thing either with rebates or financing. I was able to get a really great rate however through GMC Financial but it was not due to any official promotion. Dealers are allowing test drives on these so try and search Cars.com for something close and go check it out. Be aware, 80-90% of the listings on Cars.com are either still being built or in transit. You will have to contact dealers to actually get an idea of whats on the lot.

Car looks amazing in person, GMC hit the styling spot on with this one. Interior is a huge step up from previous. Truck rides like a dream with the new IRS. Tons of space inside with pretty solid fit and finish. The 6.2 pulls like a freight train of course. The drive back from Houston to Dallas (aprx 300 miles) chewed through 3/4 of a tank. Premium gas only is recommended. MPG was pretty disappointing at around 15 mpg. We were booking it back home at a pretty good rate of speed so the heavy right foot definitely attributed. Overall couldn't be happier with the purchase so far. She's a bit dirty after getting rained on and hasn't had her first detail yet. More updates/pics to come.

I know info is really limited on these so ask any questions!

View attachment 251996 View attachment 251997 View attachment 251998 View attachment 251999 View attachment 252001
Don't like the sloppy Euro reflectors on the bumper

06 Yukon XL

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Finally got my hands on one of these and in my driveway! There is lots of misinformation out there when calling around dealerships... but for the record these are definitely beginning to hit dealer lots. The larger dealers will likely have more inside scoop and designated allotments from the manufacturer. Be prepared to pay sticker. I've communicated with tons of dealers across the nation to get a feel for what expected pricing was going to be, all but one would not budge off MSRP. And we currently have absolutely no leverage to really negotiate because you can't really threaten with shopping the next dealer down the highway because there were only a few in all of Dallas. I had to drive to Houston to find this one with everything I wanted. Alot of these are arriving on lots pre-purchased. I lost out on a couple of other deals because they were being snatched up a day or 2 after arriving and I was dragging my feet.

She's fully loaded with the Denali Premium Package, Rear Seat Screens, Max Trailering, and the Illumination Package. Window sticker attached. There are currently ZERO factory incentives on this thing either with rebates or financing. I was able to get a really great rate however through GMC Financial but it was not due to any official promotion. Dealers are allowing test drives on these so try and search Cars.com for something close and go check it out. Be aware, 80-90% of the listings on Cars.com are either still being built or in transit. You will have to contact dealers to actually get an idea of whats on the lot.

Car looks amazing in person, GMC hit the styling spot on with this one. Interior is a huge step up from previous. Truck rides like a dream with the new IRS. Tons of space inside with pretty solid fit and finish. The 6.2 pulls like a freight train of course. The drive back from Houston to Dallas (aprx 300 miles) chewed through 3/4 of a tank. Premium gas only is recommended. MPG was pretty disappointing at around 15 mpg. We were booking it back home at a pretty good rate of speed so the heavy right foot definitely attributed. Overall couldn't be happier with the purchase so far. She's a bit dirty after getting rained on and hasn't had her first detail yet. More updates/pics to come.

I know info is really limited on these so ask any questions!

View attachment 251996 View attachment 251997 View attachment 251998 View attachment 251999 View attachment 252001

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
navyboy14094