2021 Yukon Denali - Electrical accessories are rebooting with auto start/stop

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Highway3

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
A valentine one radar detector connected to the center console 12v power will reboot when stopping with auto start/stop enabled. It doesn't reboot in another car. I also tried with a streamer connected to the outlet in the 2nd row and it would also reboot.

So it has power before after the car auto-stops, but devices connected to the 12v or outlet will restart around that transition.

Has anyone ever seen this?

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A valentine one radar detector connected to the center console 12v power will reboot when stopping with auto start/stop enabled. It doesn't reboot in another car. I also tried with a streamer connected to the outlet in the 2nd row and it would also reboot.

So it has power before after the car auto-stops, but devices connected to the 12v or outlet will restart around that transition.

I would hard wire it to accessory power, on my 18 I connected mine to the roof console, the passenger air bag on/off light indicator has 12v when the key is on, should be the same for yours even with stop start.

OP
OP
H

Highway3

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Oh I'll definitely hardwire the radar detector. And I'm assuming it won't reboot if I do.

But I still want my 12v and outlet power working reliably. Are others' outlets not doing this? I'd like to understand if this is a common problem.

gat0r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
in the '15-'20 models, you have to move a fuse over 1 spot to make the 12v & USB ports hot when off

probably similar setup in '21+

should be in your manual

OP
OP
H

Highway3

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
in the '15-'20 models, you have to move a fuse over 1 spot to make the 12v & USB ports hot when off

probably similar setup in '21+

should be in your manual

Interesting. To be clear, the 12v and outlet (haven't tested USB) ports *are* hot when the auto stop/start is stopped/off.

The issue is that they reboot.

I couldn't find any mention of this in the manual, or any fuse trick. The 12v and outlets are described as always on, as long as the outlet button indicates the outlets are on (and I leave that button on). Did the '15-'20 have the outlet button? Maybe that replaces the fuse trick.

gat0r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
for the '15-'20's, the 12v & USB would turn off when ignition was switched off.
so in our owners manual , (page 5-7) it showed how to keep the ports on constant,

the left hand fuse block cover, inside you will see a nearly square 50a fuse in the upper left corner. The fuse has two positions where it can be installed. The factory installs it so that the fuse is between the center and rear (or rear most, it's on somewhat of an angle) contacts, remove the fuse and reinstall it on the center and front most contacts.

unsure if '21's have same, but worth checking your book & maybe looking at fuse panel

as fyi....
fuse.PNG

gat0r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
found copy of '21 manual online.... appears you will need to disable auto-stop, if you dont want items to reboot.

pg.97

also appears you dont have the fuse option the k2xx platform ('15-'20's) had.

gat0r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
might be worth double checking w/ dealership mechanic to see if other option exists.

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
for the '15-'20's, the 12v & USB would turn off when ignition was switched off.
so in our owners manual , (page 5-7) it showed how to keep the ports on constant,

unsure if '21's have same, but worth checking your book & maybe looking at fuse panel

as fyi....
View attachment 258476
I haven’t done it yet in the year and 1/2 I’ve had my 19 but thanks, now I don’t have look it up because.... lazy

malba2366

Reaction score

You can try this for Valentine One. Or try powering it with a savvy which connects to the OBD port which should always be powered. Or you could hardwire it using a tap a fuse to a circuit that is always hot. Also you could wire it using a mirror tap which draws power from the mirror connector.

https://store.valentine1.com/store/item.asp?i=20221
https://www.valentine1.com/v1-detectors/savvy/

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fitransmission