2021 Yukon Denali Any Regrets

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

steiny93

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My questions:

A) Are you aware that a ‘21 Escalade has a completely different user interface than all previous Escalades?

B) Do you know that in the GM hierarchy, Denali is trimmed to near luxury whereas Escalade is luxury?

C) Have you had experience comparing the ride of body-on-frame vehicles (GM truck-based SUVs) to unitized vehicles (BMW and M-B car-based SUVs)? In my experience unitized, regardless of manufacturer, feels taughter - more European - if you will.
Answers
A) Yep, played with it, she really didn't like it, granted she has been in the caddy space for a bit and is pretty negative on the brand
B) Yep, this is her 5th Denali, we are very familiar with GM's attempts in this space
C) Yep, very familiar with the differences; I also build off-road tracked vehicles on both body-on-frame and unibody platforms. I spend a pile of time making tracks fit under jeeps and tahoes.

Last edited:

steiny93

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That’s just it. The prices may be comparable. But I’ve been in both the Mercedes and bmw. Yes. Crazy nice. But a glorified version of their smaller count rowers. The x7 and merc cannot be compared for overall size and third row. Luxury wise. No comparison. Not rousing the Germans
Totally agree, which is where my original comments about being 'underwhelmed' in regards to the 'luxury' set of features which both the denali and the escalade are touting. In my head, if GM wants to play the luxury card they need to be at minimum on par with the other brands offering 3rd row suv's at similar price points.

I'm not challenging the size of the GM suvs, rather I'm challenging the 'luxury' claim.

Stbentoak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We all know that there is American luxury, and German luxury. They are usually not equals nor should be judged as equals. GMC never even hints That they are comparing any of their luxury to the German market.

jayoco

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
We all know that there is American luxury, and German luxury. They are usually not equals nor should be judged as equals. GMC never even hints That they are comparing any of their luxury to the German market.
Totally agree. Go drive an X7 or a GLS. I did. I RAN to my big Yukon Denali. They have to add in a bunch of overpriced leather to pad the plastic because there's simply no comparison vs the ride in the General's big SUVs.

steiny93

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We all know that there is American luxury, and German luxury... GMC never even hints That they are comparing any of their luxury to the German market.
The fact that we all know what America vs German luxury means settles this one for me, my expectation of an on par experience is flawed.

I do believe GMC doesn't share that opinion as GMC repeatedly states that their products are at the top. In my mind that is comparing to other luxury vehicles at similar price points.

Check out the release site: https://www.gmc.com/gmc-life/suvs/meet-the-2021-yukon-denali#gmcyukondenali
Some quotes
- the title of the tab in your browser is "First-Class Experience"
- first-class interior amenities
- Yukon Denali is truly first class inside and out
- Simply gripping the wheel takes hold of your senses
- helping transform the cabin into a premium experience
- distinctive premium detail
there are many more, I got tired of cut and pasting

I do wish the luxury levels were similar and we didn't have America vs. German as ways to describe them. I would have opt'd into a German interior if it would have been on the option list.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mitchievu