2021 Yukon Brake Controller

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ALXL

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Ok I went through this same issue. Had a 2020 Yukon XL Denali loaded up. Traded it for a 2021 Yukon XL Denali with the Premium Package with the Trailing option. I found out that I did not have the integrated brake controller.

What I did was bought the Curt Wireless brake controller. It connects via Bluetooth it is great.

Here is the link. With the trade in values, I traded my Premium Package 2021 in for the Ultimate 2021 that has the brake controller integrated.

Hope this helps. And if you are interested in the wireless brake controller I no longer need, let me know.
Was there power to the electric brake pin on the 7 way plug from the factory or did you have to mess with wiring to get trailer brakes to work ?

ALXL

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Was there power to the electric brake pin on the 7 way plug from the factory or did you have to mess with wiring to get trailer brakes to work ?
As far as I know if you do not have the brake controller you won’t have trailer brakes . I went with the CURT ECHO that I purchased from ETRAILER.COM for about $250 and they told me it would work and it does work great . If you have any questions about tralilering contact them and they will give you a correct answer in a few hours .

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
George ramos