2021 Touch Up Paint

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tlockhart

Reaction score
Well - I screwed up this morning and side swiped the yard waste bin on my way out of the driveway. I put a few scratches on the side of the vehicle.

I took it to my trusted detailer and he is working on the scratches now, he thought he could get about 95% of it out, but also said it might need a little touch up paint if I wanted to really clean it up.

Has anyone gotten any touch up paint? How did it work? Does GMC even sell that directly? I've never done this before so not really sure where to even start

Blueinterceptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Gm dealers usually sell touch up paint in a tube. It has a pointed end and a brush on the other end.
The container looks like a rocket

BTSRT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well - I screwed up this morning and side swiped the yard waste bin on my way out of the driveway. I put a few scratches on the side of the vehicle.

I took it to my trusted detailer and he is working on the scratches now, he thought he could get about 95% of it out, but also said it might need a little touch up paint if I wanted to really clean it up.

Has anyone gotten any touch up paint? How did it work? Does GMC even sell that directly? I've never done this before so not really sure where to even start

I would recommend taking it to a trusted body shop.

MelloYello95

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can touch it up but you will still see it if it went all the way through the clear and into the basecoat. Depending on where the scratch is and what color your ride is, a body shop may be able to stay in just the door.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MyCleftNut

Latest posts