2021 Tahoe Z71

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Stbentoak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I do feel bad for those who have experienced this issue, but to keep things in perspective I bet only a fraction of a percentage of the tens of thousands of these vehicles sold experience the failure. Hardly a different failure rate from various issues experienced by any manufacturer IMO. I wouldn't be concerned enough to not buy one of these vehicles if you're lucky enough to get your hands on one.
This is a bigger problem than that.... Many people that ARE having problems are not on this site complaining also. Just quietly grumbling and waiting it out. Wouldn't buy one 5.3/6.2 with out some specific assurances/extended warranty provisions from Dealer/GM.....

SAdude

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is a bigger problem than that.... Many people that ARE having problems are not on this site complaining also. Just quietly grumbling and waiting it out. Wouldn't buy one 5.3/6.2 with out some specific assurances/extended warranty provisions from Dealer/GM.....
It's all speculation on anyone's part since no statistics are published. One thing is for sure, more people come to these forums to complain than to give good news stories on their vehicles. You can get on any car forum and read about some problem being blown out of proportion.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
There is a forum that is strictly for the new 2021 rigs.

They are talking about the same problems that we see here. These people are talking to nothing but other new rig owners and they are stoking the fires with each other.

At least here, the owners of the BETTER/LESS TO BREAK-IMO, NBS can offer the suggestion of buying a NBS and throw money at it and still come out way ahead on the costs. You want an engine upgrade and transmission upgrade, go for it and pocket the difference.

tahoemn

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I bought a new Tahoe in February. It was in the shop straight off the transport truck at 64 miles to have all 16 lifters, cam shaft, and push rods replaced. Thinking this was a “one off” problem and was addressed, we bought it. Today, at 14,779 miles it’s now being towed to the dealership for what will be the THIRD replacement of these same parts. Has anyone else had this issue and if so, what has Chevy done about it? I am very unhappy to have paid $72k for a vehicle that has been in the shop almost as long as I’ve owned it.
For about $4k, you can have non-ATM lifters put in and solve the problem once and for all. Gas mileage will suffer though. Maybe after the truck is out of warranty.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
navyboy14094