2021 Tahoe with 6k miles mine has already had a head off

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

XLDenaly21

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
You guys are lucky that you at least got it fixed!!! I have a 21 Yukon XL Denali since November, 13k miles, and got the same issue. Took it to my local dealer, it has been there for three weeks and they still did not work on it. They said it will be a couple of more weeks before they would get to it because they are so backed up. I towed it to another dealer who told me based on the very preliminary diagnosis it seems to be the lifter. Bad news - he has three other 21' Yukons with the same issue and the parts are ON A NATIONAL BACKORDER!!! Who knows when I will get my car back. At this point I have my mind pretty set that once I have it back I sell it back to a GM dealer (the dealer I got it from, not the same dealer I service it at, reached out to me that they want to buy it back...) and I'll be moving on with a Navigator. It's a shame because I have been a steady GM customer for almost all my life leasing a new top of the line GM large truck every three years...

XLDenaly21

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
As an update to the above: the dealer confirmed the issue is with the lifters along with some side affects caused by the bad lifters. The good news is, he has most of the parts he needs and should be able to get the rest of the parts early next week. I'm sooooo relieved... I have to say, I still love this car... If I do get it back mid-next week, I don't think I will want to part from it so fast...

MAYukoner

Reaction score
Good news for you.
Certainly don’t want this problem but if I do I’d like parts to be available at least

B520044

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does this lifter issue seem to be worse with the 6.2 or 5.3?

BADRIDES

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The dealership I work at wont touch a 2021 Tahoe or Yukon unless you bought it new there. We are a smaller dealership and are so backed up with work now they we dont have the time or manpower to take it in.

21TahoeDisappoint

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So if it is indeed bad valve springs for certain manufacture dates, why hasn't GM issued a recall? I've seen several references to initial repairs and then subsequent failure, with what I would assume are "in-spec" parts from the suppliers.

BADRIDES

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We were just informed today that injectors and lifters are getting scarce and we might not get any until mid August.

XLDenaly21

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Did anyone have a second round issue with the lifters? My car should finally be ready for pickup today. I'm wondering if I should feel confident now or expect a second round...

TollKeeper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know 1 person who is on round 3. The first 2 rounds, they only replaced the damaged parts. His truck is still in the shop for round three, as they are still waiting for parts (8 weeks).

MarkUps

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
are you guys getting a comparable rental vehicle for when your new rides are in the shop? I would be dead in the water if i dont have my vehicle for 8 weeks!