2021 Tahoe & Suburban photos and specs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MVR 155

Reaction score
The standard wheelbase truck is reported to be 6.8" longer. While that is quite a jump, it's a game changer for cargo space when using the 3rd row. Currently in the 2015-2020 trucks, the space behind the 3rd row is downright dismal!!!! My neighbor has an Acadia (previous generation) and it's got more room behind the 3rd row...... my MIL's Explorer Sport has more room behind the 3rd row. Luckily I don't use the 3rd row much and I also have a Thule roof box but if I had to routinely utilize the 3rd row, I'd need to be driving the Denali XL. I'll be in the market to replace my current 2015 Yukon Denali in about 2 years (it was 4 years old on October 1st). By then they should have any new design bugs worked out.

b4z

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2021 Tahoe has more cargo volume than current suburban

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2021 Tahoe has more cargo volume than current suburban

But still less than the GMT900 Suburban! Remember, they raised the floor to give all the whiners a flat floor and flat seats. ;)

Still impressive but not unexpected with the switch to the IRS, my minivans have more room inside but they don't climb mountains and streams.

cardude2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
But still less than the GMT900 Suburban! Remember, they raised the floor to give all the whiners a flat floor and flat seats. ;)

Still impressive but not unexpected with the switch to the IRS, my minivans have more room inside but they don't climb mountains and streams.

Apples to apples though? The 2021 suburban has more cargo room than the GMT900.

And it will climb steams. For those trying to escape salmon or whatever happens causing you to climb streams.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Apples to apples though? The 2021 suburban has more cargo room than the GMT900.

And it will climb steams. For those trying to escape salmon or whatever happens causing you to climb streams.

Ah, it was late and I was tired. Cross streams for those of you in Rio Linda. Yes, the new ones with their extra 4+ inches of wheelbase have about 7.3 more cubic feet of cargo space.

I like that on the new ones, the second row seats can move back and forward, not sure why our older ones did not have that feature. The GM minis could, even the 3rd row in those reclined.

cardude2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the second row seats can move back and forward, not sure why our older ones did not have that feature. The GM minis could, even the 3rd row in those reclined.

Second rows couldn’t/can’t move forward back. They could/can recline though.

I believe the 2021s can recline and move forward/back.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yep. Doin great. Just driving up some rivers looking for dinosaurs. I thought you were referring to the SWB’s as minis.

Maybe you meant smaller suvs or something.

No, the context is obvious and was referenced in an earlier post; that you were part of. I later figured you rushed to answer without waiting for your brain to finish computing. ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SteveandKish