2021 Tahoe RST windshield washer issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Woopig74

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Out of nowhere the windshield washer just quit on my wife’s vehicle. Figured it was just low on fluid or something and didn’t think another thing about it. Topped the fluid off and still nothing. Didn’t think about it at first, but never hearing the pump kick on, front or rear, when the button is pressed. Anyone had this issue or dug into one? I looked the pump up online and seems like a cheap fix if that’s it, but looking at the fluid reservoir it looks like it’s going to be a tremendous pain to get to, assuming the pump is on the bottom (couldn’t see much, they wedged it right up against the fender in a super tight spot. Not scared to tear into it, looks like a fairly simple system, just wondering if there’s anything I should know before I do or tips/tricks to getting the reservoir out without making too big of a mess. Thanks!

StephenPT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You're not the first and probably won't be the last forum member to mention their windshield washer pump died on their '21+. It's a single pump for front and rear nozzles. It's actually not too difficult to remove. There's a bunch of torx-head screws holding in the fender liner. Remove the ones forward of the front axle and you'll be able to bend it back the liner and access the pump.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not a difficult job to get to the pump. But, be sure to check the fuse first. If you remove the front fender liner (just unbolt part of it and push it to the side) you'll be able to access the pump.

OP
OP
W

Woopig74

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Will do on the fuse, and thanks for the heads up on getting to it from the fender. Appreciate you folks!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DefiantOne