2021 Tahoe RST Wheel spacer v. Wider tire question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

4doorsmorewhores

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey all.
I'm currently running 285/70/17s at stock height. Zero rubbing, and it looks pretty slick(imo), however, I'd like maybe an 1"-1.5" poke from the wells.

Has anyone run 295s or 305s at stock height?

Or can I get away with spacers w/o rubbing?

TIA.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I hope that you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions.

If you have the tires protruding beyond your fenders, you will eventually ruin the paint around these areas, with road debris kicking up from the tires.

LekGMC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey all.
I'm currently running 285/70/17s at stock height. Zero rubbing, and it looks pretty slick(imo), however, I'd like maybe an 1"-1.5" poke from the wells.

Has anyone run 295s or 305s at stock height?

Or can I get away with spacers w/o rubbing?

TIA.
What are the offset and width of your wheels now?

As others said, I think I looks great now and I’m pleasantly surprised to see you for that size at stock height. I would imagine they would have to rub. Could always get spacers and try. Easy to take off it it doesn’t work.

I love your screename by the way

Last edited:
OP
OP

4doorsmorewhores

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I hope that you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions.

If you have the tires protruding beyond your fenders, you will eventually ruin the paint around these areas, with road debris kicking up from the tires.
I appreciate the heads up!

I'm trying to achieve maybe 1-1.5" of poke from the fender, but you're right, I already to a lot of touch up maintenance on the pavement princess

OP
OP

4doorsmorewhores

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
What are the offset and width of your wheels now?

As others said, I think I looks great now and I’m pleasantly surprised to see you for that size at stock height. I would imagine they would have to rub. Could always get spacers and try. Easy to take off it it doesn’t work.

I love your screename by the way
Iirc, -12? 9".
*Edit 0 offset, not -12.

To my very pleasant surprise, no rubbing.
You're right, but I'm very lazy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phoenix2k9