2021 Tahoe reverse lamp error

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

peyc2

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello,

I am new here, got my 2021 in November, then got COVID and didn't use the truck for almost 2 months.

Starting last week, when i back into my driveway, a "check Reverse Tail Lamp" error appears on the driver information screen.

i have gone to the rear of the vehicle 3 time, with my wife on the brakes and the car in revers, and both
backup lights are on?

is this a ghost in the machine?

OP
OP
P

peyc2

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Reaction score
Update: Brought mine into the dealer today for oil change, and 2 recalls. When I got there they said I had 5 recalls and they would take care of them. Told them about the reverse lamp issue and I guess they just assumed one of these software updates would fix it. Well, I get home and after backing into the garage and, you guessed it, there it is; "CHECK REVERSE LAMP" still there and then it wouldn't let me dismiss it!! After a couple more attempts and finally placing it back in "Drive" it finally went away.

Thunder22: If you don't mind, could you tell me what your invoice says for what they did to fix yours? Here are excerpts from my invoice; does any of these software updates listed match yours? I'm guessing there might be another update not tied to an official recall notice. THANKS!!

IMG_0293.jpg IMG_0294.jpg IMG_0297.jpg