2021 Tahoe LT Duramax 4WD at 1,100 Miles.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sqd pkl

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Does this product contaminate the oil? or can it be used at any time when a problem may be growing? Might be something to have around in latter DPF life to extend its useability... Also does it clean while you are driving or only effective during a regen?
This is poured into your fuel tank. As you drive its goes into the exhaust system and cleans the DPF. Pour it in and forget about it. if you idle a lot or do a lot of short trips its something to look at. Its good to use just to keep the system healthy. doesnt get into the oil.

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We had a isuzu with a clogged DPF and it was so bad it wouldnt hardly run. After 2 tanks with lucas it was back to normal. Works very well.

What about semi trucks, you have the same opinion? Trying to tell our local fleet service center about this product.

colinel

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
At 1,100 miles in three and a half weeks of ownership. 2021 LT Duramax 4WD (black/black, 18" wheels, single speed transfer case).

Having a full-frame chassis and a modern turbodiesel feels like the way to go.

The engine has more than enough power for every situation. It is probably a little slower 0-60 than the 327ci V8, but it seems to make up for that IMHO with its instant low-rpm torque for roll on performance from a start and 60-80mph. 10-speed auto transmission seems like a big advancement regardless of engine.

My milage figures come from the dashboard read out, leaving trip one untouched and resetting trip two. The mpg meter was the same as dividing odometer miles by gallons at the pump when I checked it that way.

On our single highway trip so far, hilly terrain, we got 29.7 mpg over 165 miles with a light foot going 70+/-mph. Driving in the usual regional style on the return 80+/- mph got 26.4 mph.

80% of our 54 engine hours have been in heavy traffic dropping off or picking up the kids from school in another part of the city at rush hour. A mile can take half an hour. Our 1,100 mile average is 21.3 mpg. I am not using auto stop. All this is the same mpg +0.1 we got from our Impala V6, a fast, efficient sedan that must have had much better aerodynamics.

I decided to get a diesel after renting an Audi A6 TD40 in Germany. Diesels have come a long, long way from the old M-B 240D. I enjoy the diesel sound. There are reviews saying you can't tell it's a diesel. Not true, but it has good manners. It doesn't smell like a diesel at all, thanks to the blue tech DEF system (whether I want it or not). My opinion of performance is subjective, but this engine never breaks a sweat. It is smooth in every situation. Power is always more than enough to move this huge car smartly. I am surprised at the high 5,100 rpm redline and how the diesel still pulls at higher rpms.

The Tahoe is worth the trouble and expense. It is comfortable over the road. It handles very well. The luxury-appointed interior (even an LT like mine) makes traffic jams easy. My ideal car would have been the last model Caprice wagon with the 3.0 L Duramax turbo diesel. Now that I am getting used to piloting the automotive equivalent of an Iowa-class battleship through Colonial-era streets, I love it.

PS - If anybody knows, is the 3.0L Duramax LM2 related to the Benz straight six 3.0 liter turbodiesels in the S 350d? The output statistics are the same after converting units, including lbft to Nm and hp to PS.
Absolutely love the diesel and everything you say is spot-on. Only thing I will very much disagree with is the diesel smell. Can’t tell it’s there for daily driving (which could be your point) but if you let it idle in the driveway it’s really awful. And yeah, don’t ever think you can pop the garage and remote start. That smell just collects in even an open garage. Anyway, don’t mean to be critical at all, so absolutely thrilled with the DURAMAX

OP
OP
CTown Duramax

CTown Duramax

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Absolutely love the diesel and everything you say is spot-on. Only thing I will very much disagree with is the diesel smell. Can’t tell it’s there for daily driving (which could be your point) but if you let it idle in the driveway it’s really awful. And yeah, don’t ever think you can pop the garage and remote start. That smell just collects in even an open garage. Anyway, don’t mean to be critical at all, so absolutely thrilled with the DURAMAX
Hi,

I only get the crayon smell parking just after a regen cycle. And it's not bad either, nothing like the old days. This is a very easy diesel to live with and the low rpm big torque properties are terrific. The fuel efficiency is in line with an economy a sedan. Just got 35.1 mpg driving Boston to Albany with cruise set at 65mph and 31.1 mpg on the return with cruise at 75mph varying speed with traffic 60-85mph.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zeronightwolf

Latest posts