2021 Tahoe issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tayers

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Lifter failure at 7500 miles on new 2021 Tahoe.. Belt and pulley issue 6 months later at 18K. This is my first Chevy. Is this much time in the shop expected? Anyone else with the belt issue?
I drove a Sequoia for 11 years and only had issues post 250K. Love the ride, but losing confidence in the dependability.

UPDATE: When the technician got in there, he found a bracket is cracked. Claims he has never seen this happen. Significant safety issue. No part, no loaner.

Last edited:

Micahsd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately the lifter issue has been pretty common from other posts on here.

The belt/pully issue I haven’t heard of before. That’s interesting…was a pully out of alignment causing the belt to fail or did something else happen to it?

OP
OP
T

Tayers

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Unfortunately the lifter issue has been pretty common from other posts on here.

The belt/pully issue I haven’t heard of before. That’s interesting…was a pully out of alignment causing the belt to fail or did something else happen to it?
Not sure yet. They didn’t have a tech today to work on it, but should know more Monday. Was making a significant noise and this was the initial diagnostic.

Last edited:

Fireman591

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hold on too it until the 2023 Sequoia is available. That total redesign will get you back to the legendary quality of Toyota.

Quark

Full Access Member
Reaction score
According to a Mexico JD Power dependability report ranks Chevy next to last.

21TahoeDisappoint

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Not to pile on here, but my 2021 Tahoe High Country had many issues. Bad (foggy) tail light from factory - replaced after delivery. Then I had water sloshing around somewhere in the roof in the rain, as if the drains were not working. Also had scalloping on the front tires indicative of improper alignment from factory. The service advisor told me it was improper tire pressure which is BS as that causes equal wear on outside edges in under-inflated condition, or in center of tire if over-inflated. NOT scalloping on outside edges. Dealership refused to check alignment. THEN, at 7,000 miles my lifter issue. Was the final straw for a vehicle that I initially loved.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KCW_Andrew