2021 Tahoe Infotainment Keeps Dropping USB Music

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Elmer Fudd

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi Folks. 2021 Tahoe. The USB and memory card slots randomly recognize then "no device found" no matter what type of storage I try. Different flash drives different cards and all three types of formatting. Same thing every time. Play's fine for 10 minutes or 3 hours but sooner or later "no device found". Then it will come back, sometimes in 5 minutes, other times in 5 DAYS. Naturally when I leave it at the dealer and ask them to check it I get the infamous "cannot reproduce customer complaint". Fortunately android auto works perfectly but on a vehicle this expensive EVERYTHING should work and it bugs the heck out of me. Anyone know anything about this issue????

Pro299

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Haven't had that problem. I don't use the USB connections for music, but do use them for movies on the RSE screens. As for card slots, my Yukon only has one and it's only for vehicle functions like onboard maps, not music.

OP
OP
Elmer Fudd

Elmer Fudd

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Haven't had that problem. I don't use the USB connections for music, but do use them for movies on the RSE screens. As for card slots, my Yukon only has one and it's only for vehicle functions like onboard maps, not music.
Ya, my Sierra's card slot is like that - holds the nav maps. But the card slot in the Tahoe does play music (it has no nav)....that is when it wants to, LOL. I have found that Android Auto's use of google maps for navigation is way more handy that any that is installed. Android auto also shows the album art in the Tahoe, while the usb (when it works) never has. Go figure......