2021 Tahoe/Escalade Performance Brembo Brake Upgrade

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

High_Country

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
No, I unfortunaltely do not have friends in USA.

The next thing I have learned today, that most of the US shops have nearly all parts that exist "on stock". They even show how many of a part they have in stock.
But when you ask for this part, they have zero in stock, everything must be ordered or backordered and they do not know if or when they will get it. I heard the same thing from three dealers today...
I think shipping should not be a problem when calipers and discs are shipped separately.
I ordered a set of 22" High Country rims in November, each rim in one package, I had to search for a dealer who ships international, but at the end it was no problem. The master delievery number via FedEx consisted of four packages, each package had its own tracking number.
So it should be possible to pack the Calipers in one "rim package" and the Discs in one "rim package".

So my question: Is there a dealer who really has the Brembo kit 85138043 in stock?? And will he be so friendly to ship it to germany?

High_Country

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Or will the calipers of the 85138043 kit be superceeded in the next days??
I have just looked at pictures of the 2024 RST Performance Edition. It looks like they use another kind of red brembo calipers now. For me, they look like the PPV calipers in red instead of black. Why?? Better, cheaper or both?!

The black PPV caliper is a one-part caliper.
The red Brembo of the Performance kit is a two part caliper.
What about the "new" 2024 RST red Performance caliper?

Are all three calipers 6-piston calipers? Which piston size does each version have?
Have the PPV caliper thicker pads for longer a longer time to the next pad change? If yes, the whole caliper could be thicker...

Or is the Brembo caliper of the wanted kit a two part caliper, because it must be thinner to fit for special rims??

Last edited:

91RS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would call that dealer you bought the wheels from since you already they’ll ship internationally and see if they can order the Brembo kit and ship it to you. Not many dealers stock accessories as most of them have access to a local distributor and don’t have to risk getting stuck with them if no one buys them.

High_Country

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
The dealer who sold the rims was a "used" wheel dealer, not a GM parts dealer. Maybe he would help me, but then I will have to pay for the shipping within the USA to the wheel dealer and the shipping to germany.

High_Country

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Update: I have chatted with another parts dealer. He says he has the kit in stock. I was happy! But then I asked for shipping to germany or to somebody in USA who will ship it to me, the answer was very short...no shipping to germany, no deals like this....
Whats the matter?! Were is the problem? For me it looks like they changed their minds over the last 5 years. But why?

High_Country

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Fianallly I have got the Brembo kit. It looks great! No I want to get it installed...What about installation instructions?! There was only a piece of paper in this kit saying that the installation manual can be downloaded. But I cannot see any manual on this page. Can someone help me please?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jkavros