2021 Tahoe - Always on USB

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bthnc

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

On my 2021 Tahoe, all of my USB ports (and 12v lighter) seem to be RAP powered. I'd like to make these always on if possible -- on previous years it seemed they were either always on or could be changed by moving a fuse, but looking over the fuses I don't see this on the 2021 Tahoe, but I might be missing it. Thanks for any tips,

bth

Fast_AT4

RWM +1
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wouldnt always on end up killing your battery over time though? Curious what you are attaching to your USB that needs always on power source?

OP
OP
B

Bthnc

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Power drain would be something to consider, but a car battery would provide enough power for my small devices to not really be a concern. But for my purpose: I do a lot of cycling / hiking / kayaking, sometimes over 1 day or 2 day trips using the truck as a base camp. Devices like blinky lights, small cameras, or headphones have tiny batteries so it's not uncommon to have a few of them because you need to swap them out as their runtime may only be a couple of hours. Some can charge to about 80% over half an hour, so it would be nice to just plug them in either over lunch or out for ride while the truck is off.

To be honest I kind of thought it was always on but realized the hard way my devices were only charging for a few minutes due to RAP.

I try to remember to bring a USB power pack, but just would be nice to be able use the ports.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Butterfly7