2021 Tahoe 6.2

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ron McKuin

Reaction score
Got my new 2021 Tahoe High Country with 6.2 engine a few weeks back. I only have noticed one thing so far, that concerns me?

When I return home after a short drive and shut the engine off, I will hear several clicking, bubbling and gurgling noises from the engine compartment. It seems to need to set for a minute or so before the sounds start?

I’m wondering what this could be and if I should be concerned enough to try and consult the dealership?

Any comments appreciated. Thanks

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
There are other threads here about that and seems to be related to the a/c evaporator drain hose flowing water to the transmission and exhaust areas. Others here will chime in that have experienced this.

Wayne Clancy

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
have the same issue on my 21 high country Tahoe. We put it on a rack and could see the AC evaporator draining in the middle back of the engine compartment onto the exhaust cross over.

OP
OP
R

Ron McKuin

Reaction score
Sorry guys, what I have observed and am commenting about is not dripping water! My issue involves a mechanical clicking and snapping sound? Sounds like relays or something closing or something. I recorded the sounds with my phone but hard to hear it and is of pretty short duration.

Thanks for reading and comments are certainly welcome.

chueykooh

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a 2022 Z71 with the 6.2 . Shortly after shutting it off it makes the same sounds you describe other than the gurgling sounds. It does click at least s few times, usually a few short clicks quickly. Mine also has air ride and that makes hissing noises as well sometimes after you turn it off. It startles people standing near it or walking by it. Kind of funny to watch people jump back from it like it's going to bite. My dealer told me it was normal but couldn't tell me why it does it.

wsteele

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 2021 Sierra AT4 does the same thing, all quite normal. These things start spooling up as soon as you open the drivers door and spool down pretty long after you shut the engine down.

Heck, even my 2007 Yukon starts spooling up when the drivers door is opened, I can hear the CD reader in the dash hunting for a disc, etc.

GMCnewbee

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Many years ago I worked at a Dealership. One of our most used responses to customer questions was "They all do that".