2021 Gas Tahoe and Suburban MPG and Towing Specs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Craigy

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Maybe, but I love getting 500 miles of range on the highway. I don’t know all the considerations but larger tanks are a plus for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, as it stands, 2020 expy max has 690 miles of highway range, and the 2021 sub and xl will only have 560. Which means real world, expedition has at least 100 more miles of range. Really nice on a trip, and also nice in town meaning a few more days between fillups.

Not sure if it's enough to choose one over the other, but definitely a bummer.

OP
OP
swathdiver

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Maybe, but I love getting 500 miles of range on the highway. I don’t know all the considerations but larger tanks are a plus for me.

Me too. Our Montanas will easily run 500+ and mathematically mine should too but it never has! I'm tickled pink when it gets to 440! LOL But those fellas with VVT and 3.08 gears probably surpass that all the time! And the K2s, forget it, they do it in their sleep. Maybe GM will have new engines in a year or two. I get why they do it, but like you, want more. Heck, I keep dreaming of adding a second tank above my spare like the 2500s!

GTNator

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Me too. Our Montanas will easily run 500+ and mathematically mine should too but it never has! I'm tickled pink when it gets to 440! LOL But those fellas with VVT and 3.08 gears probably surpass that all the time! And the K2s, forget it, they do it in their sleep. Maybe GM will have new engines in a year or two. I get why they do it, but like you, want more. Heck, I keep dreaming of adding a second tank above my spare like the 2500s!
Haha, yes sir, we think alike. If there was an easy clean way of adding a second reserve tank, I would!

GTNator

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, as it stands, 2020 expy max has 690 miles of highway range, and the 2021 sub and xl will only have 560. Which means real world, expedition has at least 100 more miles of range. Really nice on a trip, and also nice in town meaning a few more days between fillups.

Not sure if it's enough to choose one over the other, but definitely a bummer.
DUDE you must love CARS. lol

twernst

Reaction score
Not sure how this is even possible, doesn't it have Auto-Start-Stop. Got rid of my 2018 Expedition Platinum Max last fall. Never bought it for the mileage, but it got much better highway mileage and could get decent city.

Really wanted to get a 2021, loved my 2007 Tahoe, got Expy b/c of 3rd row seating comfort with family of 5. Will need to really see these in person.

Disappointing.

GTNator

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not sure how this is even possible, doesn't it have Auto-Start-Stop. Got rid of my 2018 Expedition Platinum Max last fall. Never bought it for the mileage, but it got much better highway mileage and could get decent city.

Really wanted to get a 2021, loved my 2007 Tahoe, got Expy b/c of 3rd row seating comfort with family of 5. Will need to really see these in person.

Disappointing.
Family of 5 would be fine with a Suburban or Yukon XL. Second row captains, and you’ve got yourself a mobile living room with plenty of space for everything.

twernst

Reaction score
Family of 5 would be fine with a Suburban or Yukon XL. Second row captains, and you’ve got yourself a mobile living room with plenty of space for everything.

Agreed on space as it is bigger than my old Expy Max. Really loved my '07 LT3, got rid of it though cause at that time car seats didn't fit great in it and wife wanted something smaller as it had become her daily driver with 175k+ Mi. Now with last in a booster seat it is about SEPARATION of the 3 kids at times.

Really have my eye on a Midnight Blue Z71 2nd row bench, so I am not forced to use 3rd row. No real need for towing, but I love the size of the inside especially with 3 kids and a 100 lb Rhodesian Ridgeback.

I REALLY am looking forward to seating in one. It was the deal clincher when I sat in an earlier '18 Expy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
firedog9518