2021 Denali Diesel 3K miles engine and transmission issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Yukon2021

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I just got a 2021 Yukon XL Denali 3.0 with 3K miles. Went to crank and started receiving numerous messages on the dash. Forward collision system unavailable, service ESC, reduced acceleration drive with care, and service traction control. I then received a text to service engine and transmission within a day from on star. Any ideas on what this could be? I’m not happy right now.
I have similar issues. Major electrical problems. Last week was in the shop for 2 days and they couldn’t figure it out. Today it stranded me at Costco for 3 hours. Had to be drug onto a flatbed tow truck and taken to the dealership. Zero power and it locked me inside the car. Onstar could not unlock the car. I’m so not happy either. Paid 86k out the door for a junk car. Only has 16k miles on it.

CTown Duramax

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It would be nice to have fewer chips and doodads. I do not like the sound of being locked in the car. No way out?

JEHB40

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Just got 22 yukon Diesel. On day 3 after about 50 miles the truck flashed a bunch of warnings, one i remembered was service traction control. The truck shut off on the freeway. I was able to coast to the side. Dealer is saying the fuse block blew. Hearing this is very rare. When it blew it blew the fuses shutting the car down. The fuse block is on backorder, once they get it, they can diagnose it from there. Anyone heard about this happening?

WalleyeMikeIII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just got 22 yukon Diesel. On day 3 after about 50 miles the truck flashed a bunch of warnings, one i remembered was service traction control. The truck shut off on the freeway. I was able to coast to the side. Dealer is saying the fuse block blew. Hearing this is very rare. When it blew it blew the fuses shutting the car down. The fuse block is on backorder, once they get it, they can diagnose it from there. Anyone heard about this happening?
Almost anything could cause that, bent pin from assembly, loose wire chafing and shorting, etc...likely an assembly issue, let them debug it, they will make it right. Could be a loose ground, etc.

Quark

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The fuse block blew? I had a lightning strike blow a fuse to my electric water heater once upon a time. I changed the fuse and nothing more so I wonder what type of catastrophic failure takes out the fuse block.

JEHB40

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
The fuse block blew? I had a lightning strike blow a fuse to my electric water heater once upon a time. I changed the fuse and nothing more so I wonder what type of catastrophic failure takes out the fuse block.
The part finally came in. Put the new block in Monday. Let’s hope that’s the issue. Been 3 weeks no truck

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It would be nice to have fewer chips and doodads. I do not like the sound of being locked in the car. No way out?
You just pull the door handle twice and it unlocks, you can't get locked in unless you are behind a cage in the back with the child lock turned on

JEHB40

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
The part finally came in. Put the new block in Monday. Let’s hope that’s the issue. Been 3 weeks no truck
Update. Put the new block in. Still popped a fuse. GMC engineers now involved. They have no answer on why yet. Hoping to know today. There telling me the fuse block is still good though

JEHB40

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Update. Put the new block in. Still popped a fuse. GMC engineers now involved. They have no answer on why yet. Hoping to know today.

mtcatgriz

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I just got a 2021 Yukon XL Denali 3.0 with 3K miles. Went to crank and started receiving numerous messages on the dash. Forward collision system unavailable, service ESC, reduced acceleration drive with care, and service traction control. I then received a text to service engine and transmission within a day from on star. Any ideas on what this could be? I’m not happy right now.
Me too, but mine lasted longer. It stranded us in Wyoming. Finally limped into Boulder Colorado. The next morning it worked fine but stranded me again after a few miles. It’s currently disabled and has been sitting in the GMC dealer in Boulder COLORADO GMC has been most unhelpful. I will never own another GM. Things break but you can not fix it? and the vehicle goes on buy back? After 3 months nothing has changed. I guess my plan is to declare it a loss on my taxes. I’m not happy with GM either

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mbr1287