2021 Denali died while on the road - 292 total miles

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

B520044

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Therein lies the problem. If the customer is always right (continues to buy unreliable vehicles), then why change the formula? By lowering accepted standards we reinforce the lack of positive change. Whether the car/truck is 80% "good" is totally irrelevant. We're talking about $65K+ vehicles. Regardless of manufacturer.

People have always been their own worst enemy in almost any facet of life. This one is no different. Stop buying from a company and they'll find out why. Unless they get a heaping pile of cash from the government to keep producing "mostly good" products. I'll admit that as someone who makes a living doing consulting in manufacturing that I may be more sensitive to this area than most, but I say that's a good thing.

Consumers are in charge. They just don't know that and don't act collectively on it.

SAdude

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Therein lies the problem. If the customer is always right (continues to buy unreliable vehicles), then why change the formula? By lowering accepted standards we reinforce the lack of positive change. Whether the car/truck is 80% "good" is totally irrelevant. We're talking about $65K+ vehicles. Regardless of manufacturer.

People have always been their own worst enemy in almost any facet of life. This one is no different. Stop buying from a company and they'll find out why. Unless they get a heaping pile of cash from the government to keep producing "mostly good" products. I'll admit that as someone who makes a living doing consulting in manufacturing that I may be more sensitive to this area than most, but I say that's a good thing.

Consumers are in charge. They just don't know that and don't act collectively on it.
You do have choices of which brands you buy. Sounds like you might be happier in a Sequoia if you want to minimize your stress of the unknown. Toyota hasn't changed that platform in a decade and it's rock solid. I would imagine anyone dropping this kind of money did their research and already knows that GM is much more feature friendly, spacious and capable of towing etc but also less reliable. It's the decision we all made and I'm still happy with mine, but the stress of the unknown that surrounds a less reliable brand isn't for everyone.

B520044

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I cleaned up the last few posts. Just a reminder for the 100th time. No POLITICS allowed on this forum. Consider this a warning.

Wow, I didn't really consider my last post as political. Guess this only confirms what my cleaned up post referred to.

Sorry.

Reaction score
We’re all speculating on how widespread the valve issue may be and it will be interesting to see solid data on the failure rate. Until then, we’ll need to rely on these forums to read about issues and if/how they were resolved. its human nature to post about issues (again and again) vs posting about how great the new ride is. At this stage of roll out there is no way of knowing if the failure rate is 0.10% or 20%. I’m at 3600 miles and rolling without issues, hoping the rate of failure is closer to the 0.10% level!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kns0517