2021 Chev Tahoe Z71 Engine Trouble

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

afishinado

Reaction score
Yeah, light rust on rockers, doors and cab corners. All repairable for the next owner. The wheels are the only thing the wife don't like (personally I think they look cool) I told her I would go for a set of OEM Chevy Rally wheels, had them on my 70 Blazer long ago... She don't like them either. I told her with the chrome bumpers she can't just put plain white painted wheels and hub caps on it. My guess it will look the way it does for a long time.

BourbonNcigars

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately there's quite a few engine issues being reported out there on the interwebz with these. But since percentages are the name of the game it's hard to say if it's any worse or better than it has been in previous generations. I wonder what things would look like if the internet forums were as prominent back in '95.

wendal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately there's quite a few engine issues being reported out there on the interwebz with these. But since percentages are the name of the game it's hard to say if it's any worse or better than it has been in previous generations. I wonder what things would look like if the internet forums were as prominent back in '95.
THIS.

afishinado

Reaction score

Back in those days (first Tahoe 4 door was in 95 BTW) I had at 97, they had a ton of intake manifold gaskets go bad. In fact you could count on it when you hit like 100k... If memory serves, mine made it to 125k and started sipping antifreeze (that's how you found out) Not the end of the world, it generally overheated and that's how you found out what was going on.

Big Steve

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Beyond pissed off!! With 7,350 miles Engine started very rough, jerks on acceleration, Trans shifting very ******* all shifts. Instrument panels indicated service traction control, forward collision system unavailable, check engine light, etc.
Scanned DTC codes,found cylinders 2 misfire.

Found damaged lifter, replaced Cyl 2/4 lifters,lift guide,cylinder pushrod replaced that was bent. Replaced cylinder 2 sparkplug, performed oil change, vacuum filled coolant, cleared DTC Codes.
I had the exact same problem with my 21 Yukon except it was cylinders 6/8 back in April.

CC927

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Beyond pissed off!! With 7,350 miles Engine started very rough, jerks on acceleration, Trans shifting very ******* all shifts. Instrument panels indicated service traction control, forward collision system unavailable, check engine light, etc.
Scanned DTC codes,found cylinders 2 misfire.

Found damaged lifter, replaced Cyl 2/4 lifters,lift guide,cylinder pushrod replaced that was bent. Replaced cylinder 2 sparkplug, performed oil change, vacuum filled coolant, cleared DTC Codes.
Same issue here. Got our 2021 Z71 Tahoe in April. Between 7-8k miles we had the same problem. Dealer service diagnosed the issue to be the lifters. The factory had them in stock but the gaskets are on back order with no delivery date in sight. GM also told us there is a recall regarding the screen not functioning in cold temperatures.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mitchievu