2021 3.0 Duramax - Regen System warranty?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

playadude

Reaction score
Hey guys, I bought one today (LS).

The service manager told me the Regen system (whatever it's called), is under warranty for the same 5year 100k miles as the rest of the drivetrain.

I couldn't find this in the documentation.

Just checking here to make sure the guy was telling me the truth.

Thank you!

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Owners manual is for instructions. The warranty pamphlet is seperate.
Ok, yes, I meant whatever comes with the owner's manual these days. I know it hasn't been just a manual now for years. So, somewhere in that mess they hand you, does the warranty pamphlet say all this?

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Used to be, years back, that bumper to bumper was 3 years and 36k miles. Emissions was 5 year or 50K to 60K miles warranty. I guess the bumper to bumper is longer now. Don't know because I have not looked at a new rig lately. Yes I looked at a 2021 Z71 but did not get to warranty coverage before I walked away.

ben98gs

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Emissions system warranty is 2 yrs / 24,000 miles on most parts according to the warranty manual.

93E68CC7-C064-40F9-827E-433D092E9490.jpeg

The manual does further state that it could also be covered under the 3 year / 36,000 mile B2B warranty.

E3692142-2562-4A09-9DEA-633178931462.jpeg

There are also exceptions/longer coverage for California vehicles.

Stbentoak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The tough part about this is there is wide discretion and interpretations on diesels once you get past the 2/24 part. I've been thru this with other vehicles with the same warranty. They say catalytic converters, but they do NOT say DPF's which is what fails on Diesels. They also do not say emissions sensors, which fail regularly, are expensive, and usually must be replaced before out of YOUR pocket before they will diagnose any further, even if they are NOT the problem. DPF's can and do fail, and at some point cannot clean themselves any further and are basically shot. This happens anywhere from 60-100K miles depending on the life the vehicle has led. May or may not be covered, (Usually not..) and are very expensive. Extended warranties may or may not cover them also.... MUST READ THE FINE PRINT. Some EW are specifically worded as to not cover some of the most common and expensive things that go wrong with these diesel vehicles. They know and have been burned before with expensive emissions repairs.

Wileybird03

Reaction score
There wording on warranty is pretty vague! You get past the original car warranty n my experience is you gotta fight to get anything covered under a extended warrenty! A lot dealerships are chickens&$t about extended warrenty!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
patrickleeleep