2020 Yukon XL with 5.3 will engine keep running ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sarah_279

Reaction score
I wouldn't trust my dog's life with this technology but that's just me.

If
I absolutely have to leave him in the truck on a hot day, I will shut the Hoe off, exit with the fob and remote start it with the AC on (I believe it will run for 10 minutes unless you push the remote again but don't quote me.) and I will go out and periodically check to make sure everything is kosher if I'm going to be longer than 10 minutes. If something horrible were to happen I'd never forgive myself, and I'd hate for something to happen to your dog as well.

Mine is 100 pounds and not always very friendly, so I suppose I could leave all the windows down with him hanging out inside. He does not suffer fools, lol. I trust him, but I do not trust idiot people. :cool:

sealandsky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
But they can still drive away with it, right?
It Depends... If the remote start was used, then you cannot shift in to gear without the FOB present. If it was already being driven around and then you hop out to for instance go in to a store, then yes it can be driven away.

Bob2C

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What I find is that when I remote start the ac will blow out of front defrost below the windshield. Nothing comes out of front vents and very little comes out of rear vents. Everything return to normal when I get in and press start button. Has anyone else experienced this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gat0r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yes, my a/c does same

even the cooling seats operate differently.

fozzi58

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can’t lock with keys in it unless some is in it and physically presses the lock button on the remote. Door will not lock from outside if fob is in Truck. You can start it and take the fob with you then lock but it will shut off, I don’t remember the time limit but the truck shuts off on a regular start, person inside and idling after about an hour.

Park your truck with the keys inside with the truck running. Get out and close door. Take out phone from pocket. Open up Chevy/GMC/Caddy App and remotely lock doors. Walk away. Doors will lock with truck running.

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Park your truck with the keys inside with the truck running. Get out and close door. Take out phone from pocket. Open up Chevy/GMC/Caddy App and remotely lock doors. Walk away. Doors will lock with truck running.
Yes app... forgot about that. And I lock it all the time for wife, who’s usually driving it, because she forgot if she locked it or not.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DefiantOne