2020 Yukon XL Denali Mysterious Intermittent Battery Drain

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NorCal Tahoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi,
I have a 2020 Yukon XL Denali with what seems to be an intermittent battery drain. About once every couple of months I go to start the truck in the morning and the battery is dead. Battery was replaced under warranty already because the dealer thought it may have been a bad battery--not the case, still happens. about 30k miles on it. I have a suspicion that something is turning on by itself at night and draining the battery. I have seen a few instances that looked like the Infotainment screen was on, but blank (not displaying anything, but the back light on). Most recently I was woken up at 5am with the Denali's alarm going off, no one was around (I checked my driveway cam and there was no activity) so the alarm must have gone off by itself. Soon after disabling the alarm the battery was dead, would not start the truck. I check the battery with a mulitimeter and it was like < 5V. Has anyone else had a similar issue?

Krissyjean1015

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Has anyone responded to this? We are one battery in now and the exact same thing happened to us at the exact same time. 5 AM this morning. I’m wondering if you’ve gotten a resolution?

Dtuna

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Had this same issue, but only in cold weather! 2019 Yukon XL Denali and won't start in sub 20 Degree weather.... very worrisome.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeC