2020 Yukon XL bounce at 50mph hauling a 18ft boat

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

N9Phil

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a 2020 yukon XL and when pulling an 18ft boat at 50mph I will get a bouncing of the car. It only happens on certain parts of the road but in order to stop the bouncing I have to slow down and then it will start again down the road. I have had the trailer tires road balanced and no change. The car only does this when trailering and not at other speeds. I can pull the trailer at 70 mph and it runs smooth as can be. I wounder if the MAGNETIC RIDE CONTROL can be causing the problem as once it starts it is like the trailer oscillates and keeps the bouncing going until I either slow down or go faster. I am open to any suggestions.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 2020 yukon XL and when pulling an 18ft boat at 50mph I will get a bouncing of the car. It only happens on certain parts of the road but in order to stop the bouncing I have to slow down and then it will start again down the road. I have had the trailer tires road balanced and no change. The car only does this when trailering and not at other speeds. I can pull the trailer at 70 mph and it runs smooth as can be. I wounder if the MAGNETIC RIDE CONTROL can be causing the problem as once it starts it is like the trailer oscillates and keeps the bouncing going until I either slow down or go faster. I am open to any suggestions.
What's your tongue weight? What does the load weigh? Have you weighed the truck and boat on the CAT scales?

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
How about a pic of the trailer hitch setup from the side, as hitched to the Yukon? Preferably from about hitch height, down low.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Georgia 4Low