2020 whipple supercharger

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Chaospilot

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Does anybody know of a vendor who sells a whipple 2.9 (Or preferably a kenne Bell)for a 2020 5.3? I wanted to start with heads and cam but my service tech told me I’ll loose my warranty if I go that route. This leaves me with forced induction to add big power, and keep my coverage. Lots of sites sell 15-19 blowers, but I can’t find one that claims 20’. I’m feel like they’re the same, but I want to cover my a$$ as the truck has 700 miles, a 75000 bumper to bumper warranty, and I don’t want to pay for broken stuff.

gat0r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2020 is same as 2015-2019.
you will also lose your coverage installing a supercharger*

*unless your dealer will install it.

check w/ member here... Tony (Norcal SS), he does whipple for sure. you can ask him about KB

sealandsky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You'll need to find a resource that can provide you with a tuned ECM. 2020 models have strongly encrypted software and very few have access to reprogram it.

sealandsky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does anybody know of a vendor who sells a whipple 2.9 (Or preferably a kenne Bell)for a 2020 5.3? I wanted to start with heads and cam but my service tech told me I’ll loose my warranty if I go that route. This leaves me with forced induction to add big power, and keep my coverage. Lots of sites sell 15-19 blowers, but I can’t find one that claims 20’. I’m feel like they’re the same, but I want to cover my a$$ as the truck has 700 miles, a 75000 bumper to bumper warranty, and I don’t want to pay for broken stuff.
Or... Bring your truck to Callaway and they'll install a blower and you can have a 50,000 mile powertrain warranty.

OP
OP
C

Chaospilot

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Or... Bring your truck to Callaway and they'll install a blower and you can have a 50,000 mile powertrain warranty.
They’re a little out of my way. Not out of the picture, but I’d prefer to keep the build in AZ and keep the warranty I have. Hennessy would be preferable if I went for a tuner build(if John could get it done in a reasonable amount of time)

OP
OP
C

Chaospilot

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
2020 is same as 2015-2019.
you will also lose your coverage installing a supercharger*

*unless your dealer will install it.

check w/ member here... Tony (Norcal SS), he does whipple for sure. you can ask him about KB
My service tech claims he won’t void the warranty if I go F/I. If I tune it I’d loose out but I think if something went very wrong I could pull the tune. I had a blown ls1 GTO that burned up several rear ends And MPP covered all of them. Obviously I’d ask for this in writing on dealer letterhead before spending 10k On an “intake”

Tiredmechanic23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My service tech claims he won’t void the warranty if I go F/I. If I tune it I’d loose out but I think if something went very wrong I could pull the tune. I had a blown ls1 GTO that burned up several rear ends And MPP covered all of them. Obviously I’d ask for this in writing on dealer letterhead before spending 10k On an “intake”

He said no tune but F/I is ok? wow. May not want to trust him much. Going F/I with no tune is a poor idea and would much more likely cause damage vs F/I with a tune.

OP
OP
C

Chaospilot

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
He said no tune but F/I is ok? wow. May not want to trust him much. Going F/I with no tune is a poor idea and would much more likely cause damage vs F/I with a tune.
I felt the same thing. Obviously I would tune it and flash it stick if I blew the trans. He might have been trying to get me to pay them to install it?

Tiredmechanic23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I felt the same thing. Obviously I would tune it and flash it stick if I blew the trans. He might have been trying to get me to pay them to install it?

Even with a dealer install they cant tune it themselves so it would be no better than you doing it or a 3rd party. I would for sure tune and then flash stock as needed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
navyboy14094