2020 Tahoe LT, wire tap or fuse box?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BlaineBug

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I agree with blainebug. I recently added LED running lights to my step boards and tapped into the running lights and signal lights without a fuse. The circuit is already fuse protected.
If one wanted, you could install a waterproof/weatherproof in-line fuse holder. And if the circuit is low-power LEDs like I would imagine grille mounted marker lights to be, you shouldn't need a relay either. If you do need a relay kit, wire the relay directly to the battery with a fuse, and then tap into your marker/parking lights for the trigger. So in the case of using the relay, you are not drawing any power for your aftermarket lights through the factory lighting circuit, and are only using the factory lighting circuit as the "switch" to illuminate your aftermarket lights.

I may be opening a "can of worms" in regards to discussion by mentioning the use of a relay, but if anyone needs guidance on how to wire a relay appropriately, just ask.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AT4Hunter

Latest posts