2020 Tahoe factory battery warranty

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

millers215

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello- I've searched but could not find the answer? Does anyone know what the factory warranty is on a 2020 Tahoe's cranking battery? I've read the owner's manual and I can't find it called out specifically. Our warranty is up next month and the battery is starting to drag when we try to start. It will fail soon, I am sure. I'd rather get a "free" replacement rather than buy one.

Thanks in advance,

Tahoe14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Google search 3 years 36,000 miles for Chevy and GMC. 4 years 48,000 miles for Cadillac and Buick.

tom3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Run it down to the dealer and have it checked. Takes a few minutes and it is a real in depth checking system. I'd bet it will fail the test and you'll get a battery. Let us know how it turns out.

SpyShops212

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just don’t make the mistake I made by buying one from Cadillac service for $220. My battery died when my truck had 55k and was 53 months old. Then 9 months later my new Delco Gold 40 month battery died again. I was not able to find the receipt and there was no record anywhere. I ended up having to repurchase and go to AutoZone. I purchased a Duralast platinum AGM battery for $230 with 3 year warranty. Now if the battery dies I could go to any AutoZone and don’t have to worry if I loose my receipt. The AGM battery awesome and has a 120 minute power reserve also it’s a deep cycle. I am very happy with the technology.

Last edited:
Reaction score
The battery, like tires, are provided by an outside source. It should have been in the Owner's packet when you bought the vehicle new.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
labans