2020 6.2 AFM Delete???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BlackBearPerf

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hmm. I've been running your tune along with AFM delete for months now and it's great. Why would you recommend against the AFM delete you provided me?
with the 14 and newer vehicles AFM is typically a fuel saver now. The 07-13 vehicles with AFM, those years are the ones that had the major issues, they reworked it for the 14 and newer. That being said, it is still the one of most requested changes, a lot of people still cant stand it, everyone has a their preference, I actually have 14 5.3 and have it disabled, I am not really worried about the mpg side, I am getting smiles per gallon!

sd172

Reaction score
I believe that you can 'disable' AFM by diving in M9 mode. I have a 2018 5.3 with the 6-speed and drive in M4-M5 mode in town. I like saving fuel on the interstate and M6 enables AFM for me, so should the M10 for 2020 6.2 Denali.

sealandsky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, unfortunately they keep tightening the security since the 2017 vehicles, locking the 8 speed 10 speed transmission controllers, some 2019 vehicle we still can't tune, and no 2020. vehicles.
Sounds like it's time to develop your own computer - toss the GM unit in the trash.

CMoore711

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OP - if all you’re primarily looking to do is disable AFM and Blackbear can’t tune the 2020 models yet then it seems your obvious solution would be a Range AFM Disabler device:
https://rangetechnology.com/afm-disabler/

It’s plug and play, it’s completely reversible, and it’s sole purpose is to deactivate AFM while plugged in. The Range website only lists from 2010-2018 model years for the Yukon Denali which is odd? I would try contacting Range customer care to confirm it will work with your model year.

Your 2020 Yukon Denali still has the 6.2L Ecotec3 engine which has AFM and not DFM, so I don't see why it wouldn't work.

It's definitely an option worth looking into if your primary goal is to disable AFM.

Cantrepeat

Reaction score
Does the 2020 Denali 6.2 have DFM system and not the AFM? Or is it just the trucks in 2020?

Need to check the RPO codes for L87 or L86.

sealandsky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I believe that you can 'disable' AFM by diving in M9 mode. I have a 2018 5.3 with the 6-speed and drive in M4-M5 mode in town. I like saving fuel on the interstate and M6 enables AFM for me, so should the M10 for 2020 6.2 Denali.
For what reason god only knows, but GM has changed back to "L" from 'M" for it's shift nomenclature on the 2019 - 2020 model years.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
it's just a matter of time until they hack the newer computers, patience, it wasn't that long ago they couldn't do the 17-18's either, once they find the algorithm it will be on like Donkey Kong. there is a bunch of people in New Zealand working on it as we speak I'm sure :D.

sd172

Reaction score
it's just a matter of time until they hack the newer computers, patience, it wasn't that long ago they couldn't do the 17-18's either, once they find the algorithm it will be on like Donkey Kong. there is a bunch of people in New Zealand working on it as we speak I'm sure :D.

HP Tuners sells 'unlocked' ECMs and TCMs for the T1 platform:
https://www.hptuners.com/products/
It is pricey, but might worth it if you are thinking about custom tune and/or E85 conversion.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
llujum