2019 Yukon XL SLT Wheel Question????

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

John Day

Reaction score
Hello All
I got a wheel question????
My XL has 18" OEM wheels with this stamped on them - 19 x 8.5J x 24
I have found some 20" GMC wheels with this stamped - 20 x 8.5J x 31

I think this is the offset on the wheel??? Can I use these rims to replace my 18" wheels?

thx for any help

Oh Kee Pah

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello All
I got a wheel question????
My XL has 18" OEM wheels with this stamped on them - 19 x 8.5J x 24
I have found some 20" GMC wheels with this stamped - 20 x 8.5J x 31

I think this is the offset on the wheel??? Can I use these rims to replace my 18" wheels?

thx for any help

Your current wheels have 19 x 8.5J x 24 or 18 x 8.5J x 24?
As I understand, these markings are the wheel diameter, width and offset

YES - the 20" GMC wheels should work just fine. My CPO Tahoe came with 22s and I got the dealer to switch me up to some 20" gloss black wheels.

I use this website to check out GM OE wheels: https://www.hubcaphaven.com/c/343/chevrolet_tahoe_wheels_rims.html

With the 31mm offset vs. the 24mm, your tires will stick out further than before (minimal)

Safe Travels!

Jason in DLH

Cheeseburger and Fries
Reaction score
The 31mm offset will actually tuck into your fender more. More negative offset will put the tire further out.

Those 20’s shouldnt be a problem just so long it has the correct bolt pattern. 6x139.7

And hub bore of at least 78.1mm.

Jason in DLH

Cheeseburger and Fries
Reaction score
Oh, just noticed they are GMC, then you should be good with hub bore and bolt pattern. What truck did it come off of?

Oh Kee Pah

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The 31mm offset will actually tuck into your fender more. More negative offset will put the tire further out.

Absolutely spot on! I was thinking the other way around, like it was my wheel...(decreasing the offset).

What you are discussing, changing the offset from 24 to 31, will move the outer tire edge inward. Again, minimal. About a 1/4"

Thank you for correcting @Jason in DLH

Jason in DLH

Cheeseburger and Fries
Reaction score
By the way John Day.... are you sure you want to tuck the wheel in more to the fender? It is negligible as stated above, but I’m really liking the flush stance of my wife’s wheels for her ‘15 Yukon. I went with 9.5” wheel width with an offset of 15mm. I haven’t put a level to the fender yet to get a precise measurement, but it sure looks good. I understand it’s not for everyone though.