2019 Yukon XL Denali - Brake Upgrade

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kpwweb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Where did you get a 22" steelie?

22" Steelie not sure?

I do know a 20" Nissan Titan Steelie will fit our trucks just fine--and fit around large brakes. They can usually be purchased from wrecking yards or online for not much.

1sikryd

Reaction score
22" Steelie not sure?

I do know a 20" Nissan Titan Steelie will fit our trucks just fine--and fit around large brakes. They can usually be purchased from wrecking yards or online for not much.

That's what I'm running now. But I would have gone 22 if I knew where to get one.

Tiki

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First and foremost I would wait and get the 2020 next year. They will be revealed soon. It will have some serious upgrades and better features.

The braking power will definitely be a whole lot better but the kit is overpriced for what you get in my opinion. If the rotors where from Brembo and were slotted/drilled it may make sense but they are OEM GM upgraded/performance rotors which are definitely better than stock. The Brembo calipers are great but that’s what you’re really paying for. I’ve had 3 Denali’s. 2015, 2015.5, and currently a 2016. The 2015 that was purchased early 2014 and my second 2015 that was purchased in 2015 had some great brakes. The 2016 model brakes are trash. So are the 2017 and 2018 compared to the 2015 model. I noticed the difference immediately and even drove some other 2016’s before I left the lot with the new vehicle to make sure. I’m thinking that GM changed the brake pads/rotors to something cheaper after 2015. After a lot of research and looking at a lot of reviews and videos, I spent a few hundred dollars on some Power Stop Truck and Tow pads and rotors for the front and it’s night and day compared to the factory brakes. You need to get the Truck and Tow version not the regular Truck version for the vehicle. You can spend a little over $400.00 and upgrade the front and rear if you want the rear as well. Keep $2800.00. Way overpriced even though you will get a much braking experience.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have you owned the Brembos?

hcvone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have the GM big brakes on my 19' Callaway, HUGE improvement over the stocks brakes, would be nice if they offered a rear upgrade for if NOTHING else to MATCH THE COLOR RED, lucky for me my neighbor owns Powerstop and sent me rear red ones to match the front. Hey GM offer a rear set of 4 piston calipers that match the front so it doesn't look stupid.

2019%20Callaway%20Tahoe%201231_zpsh51gdnzy.jpg

Page1

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Put them on my ‘15 Yukon Denali... absolutely love them.. can’t go wrong!

cfoote

Reaction score
Have you owned the Brembos?
Sorry, I’m just now seeing this. I haven’t owned Brembos on my Yukon but i’ve put Brembos on a few of my vehicles in the past. Like I said you will get improved braking by adding the Brembo calipers package but it’s way over priced for what you get in my opinion.

cfoote

Reaction score
Have the GM big brakes on my 19' Callaway, HUGE improvement over the stocks brakes, would be nice if they offered a rear upgrade for if NOTHING else to MATCH THE COLOR RED, lucky for me my neighbor owns Powerstop and sent me rear red ones to match the front. Hey GM offer a rear set of 4 piston calipers that match the front so it doesn't look stupid.

2019%20Callaway%20Tahoe%201231_zpsh51gdnzy.jpg
Powerstop has a great kit. Im running Powerstop pads and rotors. There is a night and day difference. I said that I was going to check them out before I buy the calipers. The pads and rotors perform so good that I don’t need to.

sealandsky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Im getting ready to get rid of my 2016 Yukon XL Denali and order a 2019. What do you guys think of the $2800 brake upgrade? I have never been happy with the brakes on the Yukon or Subruban. Maybe because I drive it full of people and drive it hard. Any thoughts good or bad? I’m thinking about adding it on. I would love some opinions and experiences. Are they that much better?

GMC-Branded Performance Front Brake Upgrade System
$2,795
  • Red Brembo® 6-piston, fixed aluminum calipers
  • Larger-than-stock 410 x 32mm (16.1-inch x 1.3-inch) Duralife™ rotors
  • 84% increase in brake pad area and a 42% increase in rotor area to increase system thermal capacity
  • Duralife™ rotors feature a hardened surface to reduce corrosion and provide quieter braking with less vibration
I have the GMC Brembo front brakes and while they aren't likely as good as the Willwood's, they are FAR better than the crappy stock brakes. Worth every penny...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
44Dan