2019 Yukon XL Denali - Brake Upgrade

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CMoore711

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did the Wilwood Kit on my '15 Yukon XL Denali and got the best price from www.accesspeed.com

https://www.accesspeed.com/11650/3/...tted-lines-fluid-2007-2016-gm-1500-truck.html
Wilwood TX6R 16" Front Kit
Wilwood AERO 14" Rear Kit
Wilwood Brake Fluid
Wilwood Stainless Steel Lines

All in for <$4K shipped. Very nice guys over there and really easy to work with I would suggest reaching out to them for their best pricing.

Huge improvement over stock, very smooth and solid feel pedal engagement. I fee like I haven't even really pressed them hard because their increased braking ability just doesn't ever require anything more than 30-40% of brake pedal engagement. The hardest I pushed them was for the initial bedding of the brake pads and I my first thought while I did that was "How is it even possible an extended wheel base full size SUV over 5500 lbs. can even stop this fast from 60-70 mph?"

07 Denali

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know this is a ‘19 topic but I have an ‘18 and put on Wilwoods on each corner. Been super impressed with them. 30k miles on them and they still feel new. Braided lines are a must as well.

Lyon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone with the Wilwood kit have an idea what the smallest wheel is that’ll fit? I’ve got studded snow tires on 17” OE Denali wheels from an older body style.

07 Denali

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don’t know about the 17” rims. I think the fronts require 20” rims. There is a clearance diagram on Wilwood’s website included with the installation instructions. I have snow tires mounted on the Sierra All-Terrain 20” rims and it works on all corners. I actually use one as my spare.

CMoore711

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone with the Wilwood kit have an idea what the smallest wheel is that’ll fit? I’ve got studded snow tires on 17” OE Denali wheels from an older body style.

17" Rims for sure won't fit. The 2-piece rotors of the Wilwood Front 6 piston kit are 16" diameter themselves, looks like Wilwood's website says minimum wheel diameter of 20".

They do offer a front 6 piston kit with a 14.25" rotor, but the minimum wheel diameter is still 18" and the caliper isn't on par with the TX6R 6-piston caliper.

They're website has a lot of good information, check it out: https://www.wilwood.com/

2lazy4agoodname

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Bumping this up. I have the OEM Brembo kit on my ESV and its time to change the rotors and pads. Does anyone have any info on the part numbers for servicing this kit? All i can find online is the standard brakes and the part number for full kits including the calipers.

AZRiverRunner

Reaction score
Bumping this up. I have the OEM Brembo kit on my ESV and its time to change the rotors and pads. Does anyone have any info on the part numbers for servicing this kit? All i can find online is the standard brakes and the part number for full kits including the calipers.
I don’t, but have to ask, how many miles and what type of driving do you do? I’ve got 24k mikes, city/highway hardly showing wear.

AWSMBLU

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Please be aware I tried to put a 20 inch Spare in place of the regular spare. I wouldn’t firmly fit in the location. I was able to bolt it up , but it rocked. Created on hell of a vibration at highway speed had to put the 18 in spare back.

sealandsky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Im getting ready to get rid of my 2016 Yukon XL Denali and order a 2019. What do you guys think of the $2800 brake upgrade? I have never been happy with the brakes on the Yukon or Subruban. Maybe because I drive it full of people and drive it hard. Any thoughts good or bad? I’m thinking about adding it on. I would love some opinions and experiences. Are they that much better?

GMC-Branded Performance Front Brake Upgrade System
$2,795
  • Red Brembo® 6-piston, fixed aluminum calipers
  • Larger-than-stock 410 x 32mm (16.1-inch x 1.3-inch) Duralife™ rotors
  • 84% increase in brake pad area and a 42% increase in rotor area to increase system thermal capacity
  • Duralife™ rotors feature a hardened surface to reduce corrosion and provide quieter braking with less vibration
Ive had my 2019 Yukon Denali for 6 months now and absolutely LOVE the GM brake upgrade! My 2016 had the standard front brakes and the rotors & pads lasted only 18K miles and were fade prone. Well worth the money.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlbertoTahoe2011