2019 Yukon XL Bounce

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

John Day

Reaction score
What can be done to my suspension to illuminate the big bounce when driving over speed bumps or rough road. My Yukon XL SLT has 30k miles on original shocks. My Yukon does not have the mag-ride system. Thx for looking.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum from Oregon. Post pics of your rig, interior and exterior.

I don't understand your question. Illuminate the big bounce?

We recommend that you put all your rig(s) info in your signature so we all don’t have to guess at year, make, model, engine size, trans, rear axle locker…….etc. While you may have posted pertinent info in your first post, you may forget to do it again and the info is needed by us anyway. Makes it way easier on all members that attempt to help, to have that info right up front. It is also recommended that you take a pic of your RPO codes, on the inside cover of the glove box, and post that image in your signature. All this info will greatly help those that will try to help with a problem.

If there is any other info, like upgrades, mods or recent mechanical/maintenance work done, that would be helpful in any post as well. Too many times a question is asked by the poster and after about 10 responses we find out that the poster has done recent work to attempt to fix the problem or work that was done that SEEMS not related to the problem.

OP
OP
John Day

John Day

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum from Oregon. Post pics of your rig, interior and exterior.

I don't understand your question. Illuminate the big bounce?

We recommend that you put all your rig(s) info in your signature so we all don’t have to guess at year, make, model, engine size, trans, rear axle locker…….etc. While you may have posted pertinent info in your first post, you may forget to do it again and the info is needed by us anyway. Makes it way easier on all members that attempt to help, to have that info right up front. It is also recommended that you take a pic of your RPO codes, on the inside cover of the glove box, and post that image in your signature. All this info will greatly help those that will try to help with a problem.

If there is any other info, like upgrades, mods or recent mechanical/maintenance work done, that would be helpful in any post as well. Too many times a question is asked by the poster and after about 10 responses we find out that the poster has done recent work to attempt to fix the problem or work that was done that SEEMS not related to the problem.
Ok Men/Ladies
wilcc

OP
OP
John Day

John Day

Reaction score
During normal adult driving when I go over a speed bump or rough roads (97% of the roads/streets in Abilene, TX) my Yukon really bounces over them. I've driven new RAM's for the last decade and was used to a stiffer ride. I'm new to this vehicle and it may be normal. My Yukon has standard shocks (not magnetic ride). I purchased this vehicle here in Abilene from the Lawrence Hall Chevy 2 months ago. It has 30K miles on it. I'm thinking of going and test driving a new one to see if it is just the way it rides. I've read a couple of articles that says the ride is bumpy. Thx for any input

STORMIN08

Full Access Member
Reaction score
do to the weight of these vehicles. look into a Heavy Duty shock...something similar to the bilstein 5100.

what most dont realize is the valving is set to the weight and use...IE drive the thing. a HD shock at low speed will be stiff and jarring, but add a little speed and let it work.

GreyStone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What can be done to my suspension to illuminate the big bounce when driving over speed bumps or rough road. My Yukon XL SLT has 30k miles on original shocks. My Yukon does not have the mag-ride system. Thx for looking.
Bilstein 4600HD shocks

OP
OP
John Day

John Day

Reaction score
Looking at the Bilsteins, just don't know which one would be better. We are older and just want to little smoother ride. Thx men.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Put a hundred pounds or so of weight in the back, these things were made to run loaded and run smoother when loaded down.

We went off road today and were low on fuel with just two of us up front and she was bouncing over the wash board roads and rutted trails.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
charkmapman