2019 Yukon..Lane Departure & Collision Warning

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Thomassyukon

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey all, 2019 Yukon XL SLT.

We bought this used in like new condition. Have noticed though that the seat warning(yes, we have it turned on in settings) is not working for lane departure or collision avoidance. The icons in DIC work - they turn yellow as expected, but no seat warnings and no red image showing on windshield for collision warning either. Parking assistance works front and back, with seat warning too. That leads me to believe at least the bumper sensors are working.

Is this a camera problem? Is there something I can reset? The dealer we bought it from did show there was minor front damage, even though the CarFax showed no accidents, so probably a minor bumper cover and maybe crash bar.

Any help appreciated.

ps. we also still have our 2001 Suburban with 360K+ miles on it. Over the years I had to replace the fuel sending unit, rear wiper motor and all the tiny bulbs in the radio. AC Compressor/system finally died recently. Now brake lines are seeping. The old girl is about to give up the ghost, but what a ride all those years with our 4 kids and pulling a camper all over the country. Also rusting badly now from the Iowa winters. If I had stupid money laying around, I'd completely restore it just out of respect!

Rdr854

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the same situation and it is a setting. In my case, I turned off the vibrating seat because it was annoying. I prefer the audible and visual warnings. As far as the red flashing warning on the windshield, it will only activates if it thinks you are going to crash. In that case, you get the brakes applied along with the visual and audible warnings.

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score
ps. we also still have our 2001 Suburban with 360K+ miles on it. Over the years I had to replace the fuel sending unit, rear wiper motor and all the tiny bulbs in the radio. AC Compressor/system finally died recently. Now brake lines are seeping. The old girl is about to give up the ghost, but what a ride all those years with our 4 kids and pulling a camper all over the country. Also rusting badly now from the Iowa winters. If I had stupid money laying around, I'd completely restore it just out of respect!

That's a great run!

OP
OP
T

Thomassyukon

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey all, 2019 Yukon XL SLT.

We bought this used in like new condition. Have noticed though that the seat warning(yes, we have it turned on in settings) is not working for lane departure or collision avoidance. The icons in DIC work - they turn yellow as expected, but no seat warnings and no red image showing on windshield for collision warning either. Parking assistance works front and back, with seat warning too. That leads me to believe at least the bumper sensors are working.

Is this a camera problem? Is there something I can reset? The dealer we bought it from did show there was minor front damage, even though the CarFax showed no accidents, so probably a minor bumper cover and maybe crash bar.

Any help appreciated.

[Update]

I think maybe my collision avoidance testing was not valid because I probably did have my foot on the brake a bit. This weekend someone swerved in front of us at 75mph and I learned that the collision avoidance system is working fine. Got both the seat shaker and red flashing dots on the windshield. I've read at different places that the system will apply brakes and at other sites it will not apply brakes. I think the answer is no.

Still have a problem with the lane departure. The fact that the collision avoidance is working fine makes me believe the camera and sensors are working fine.

sealandsky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
[Update]

I think maybe my collision avoidance testing was not valid because I probably did have my foot on the brake a bit. This weekend someone swerved in front of us at 75mph and I learned that the collision avoidance system is working fine. Got both the seat shaker and red flashing dots on the windshield. I've read at different places that the system will apply brakes and at other sites it will not apply brakes. I think the answer is no.

Still have a problem with the lane departure. The fact that the collision avoidance is working fine makes me believe the camera and sensors are working fine.
Mine applies the brakes and it drives me crazy. Especially annoying when trying to pass on a 2-lane road.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juju14