2019 Yukon Electronics Went Haywire, Advice?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tenminutes

Reaction score
Our 2019 Yukon has 20k miles on it and we drove to Lubbock for Christmas. Last night my wife was unloading packages and the doors and tailgate were open for an extended period of time, went she went to close the tailgate and lock it up for the night everything electronic seemed to be possessed. All dash lights are on, it’s saying the rear hatch is open, the gas gauge doesn’t work, tps isn’t reading, and the main entertainment screen isn’t functioning. Is the car safe to drive?

I thought as a next step (being its Christmas and dealerships aren’t open) to disconnect the negative battery terminal for a few minutes.

curious what else people think is going on here!?!?

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Our 2019 Yukon has 20k miles on it and we drove to Lubbock for Christmas. Last night my wife was unloading packages and the doors and tailgate were open for an extended period of time, went she went to close the tailgate and lock it up for the night everything electronic seemed to be possessed. All dash lights are on, it’s saying the rear hatch is open, the gas gauge doesn’t work, tps isn’t reading, and the main entertainment screen isn’t functioning. Is the car safe to drive?

I thought as a next step (being its Christmas and dealerships aren’t open) to disconnect the negative battery terminal for a few minutes.

curious what else people think is going on here!?!?

Try disconnecting both positive and negative cables and touch them together.

OP
OP
tenminutes

tenminutes

Reaction score
I just now got my hands on the vehicle to investigate. Specific issues are:

service alerts for the following:

Park assist system error

Front camera

Tire monitor

Theft deterrent

Safety restraint system

Side detection system

All gauges don’t work

Temp doesn’t work on info system.

In settings it’s not reading the car is on when trying to go into vehicle settings.

Screen doesn’t turn off until the 10 min time out when locked

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just now got my hands on the vehicle to investigate. Specific issues are:

service alerts for the following:

Park assist system error

Front camera

Tire monitor

Theft deterrent

Safety restraint system

Side detection system

All gauges don’t work

Temp doesn’t work on info system.

In settings it’s not reading the car is on when trying to go into vehicle settings.

Screen doesn’t turn off until the 10 min time out when locked
I would replace the battery cables, the chances of all those things being bad at the same time is slim to none.

OP
OP
tenminutes

tenminutes

Reaction score
At the dealership. First report is that the battery checked out fine. Expect a few hours before they know what’s causing this. Hopefully it’s a grounding issue or something small. I’m under bumper to bumper but arranged for the holidays away from home. Have loved this Yukon, didn’t expect to have issues like this....it’s why I waited for the 2019, I figured all the bugs would be worked out by the final build year of this model (at time of purchase rumor still was that 2020 was the new body style).

OP
OP
tenminutes

tenminutes

Reaction score
Update: dealership has had the truck from nearing 11 hours and they can’t diagnose it. Battery is good so I’m at the mercy of the tech to properly find the root issue.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
firedog9518

Latest posts