2019 Yukon Denali..First domestic vehicle

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Joseph, we were way better off. My mother ruled in the vehicle. 4 boys. She took no shit from either of us. The "wait till your father gets home" warning did it for us. That belt was 2" wide and hurt. Extra whacks if we put a hand on our ass. I think that one was universal for all families back then.

We had our share of games as well. I was oldest so I was up front with mom but the other 3 in back. State license plates for sure. The usual pushing and shoving in the back.

This is a true story I swear: If 2 or three of us were in fights and mom told dad, when we all were at the dinner table dad would call us out and we had to settle it right there on the kitchen floor, next to the dining room, either fists or wrestling. That way he could monitor it and not let it get out of hand. Man oh man do I miss those days.

Yes PNW, I forgot about the "Wait to your father gets home!" statement. Instant obedience, or rough times later on in the evening. Yes, and the strap was used when appropriate. A very real reminder that actions have consequences.

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes PNW, I forgot about the "Wait to your father gets home!" statement. Instant obedience, or rough times later on in the evening. Yes, and the strap was used when appropriate. A very real reminder that actions have consequences.
I never heard “wait until your father gets home.” What I heard after my doled our the punishment, which was usually with the help of a yard stick, was “and now you will deal with your dad when he gets home”.

I got in trouble at school one time, Catholic School, and Sister Patricia said I was only getting one crack of the ruler across the knuckles because she had called my mom and knew she was waiting for me. I lived 1-1/2 blocks from school and it took me 30 minutes to walk home. That made her even madder. She broke 2 wooden yardsticks on me that afternoon.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
22loweryak

Latest posts