2019 to 2020 trade opinion

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sealandsky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I posted on another of my threads that I found a bolt that fell out of the dash on my passenger floor mat today. Something has been rolling around in there driving me crazy and I'm really hoping this is it. The threads on the bolt look like they have never been in contact with anything. I was in a mall parking lot the other day whipping the truck around trying to hear where it was coming from. I think I got it to roll out of wherever it was....I hope.View attachment 238314 View attachment 238315
So... My question would be, exactly which of your interior support assembly bolts was not installed at the factory? With current manufacturing techniques as they are, it's not likely that it was an "extra" bolt, but one that had not yet been installed when the shift-change horn sounded.

OP
OP
Reyetwinger

Reyetwinger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lol, yes that's a pretty funny way of looking at it. I don't know where that bolt should be. It doesn't look like it was ever threaded into anything. This dash isn't the tightest I've ever known. There are a lot of bad things that went on during assembly. The console wasn't even put in correctly.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I posted on another of my threads that I found a bolt that fell out of the dash on my passenger floor mat today. Something has been rolling around in there driving me crazy and I'm really hoping this is it. The threads on the bolt look like they have never been in contact with anything. I was in a mall parking lot the other day whipping the truck around trying to hear where it was coming from. I think I got it to roll out of wherever it was....I hope.View attachment 238314 View attachment 238315

Probably one that mounts the dash to the body. Looks similar to the splash shield bolts underneath, a little longer.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davonlwilliams33