2019 to 2020 trade opinion

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WillCO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In your situation I'd spend $15-$20K on a used Madza Miata or even an early '2000s Porsche Boxster S and get my thrills there instead. Only half kidding.

BlackBearPerf

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is sport mode a standard or custom option?
On the 4 speeds we can make tow haul the sport mode, you would just let us know if you would like that feature when we do the tune.

Justin asked me if I wanted him to 'convert' the factory Tow Mode feature to Sport Mode. There was no extra charge for it at that time (Spring 2017). I think, but don't know for sure, that it's a no-charge option for all tunes that BBP provides.

I don't use it often, but it's very noticeable when selected. It raises the shift points, firms up the shifts and pretty much eeks out every ounce of juice the otherwise stock engine & trans can yield. Truck definitely gets up and moves out sharply.
No extra charge for the sport mode.

BlackBearPerf

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Run, do not walk, to Black Bear Performance. Justin tuned mine in person. I'm happy as can be.

I told him that I'm a suburban dad who just wants optimized throttle response and transmission shift points, and I wasn't looking to do burnouts or 11-seconds in the 1/4 mile. He also converted my Tow Mode to Sport Mode. Made it a whole new truck.
We really appreciate that, we are happy you are enjoying the tune. Let us know if you need anything else.

Lt Belspur

Reaction score
On the 4 speeds we can make tow haul the sport mode, you would just let us know if you would like that feature when we do the tune.

No extra charge for the sport mode.

Thanks, for the reply.

I do have the 6-speed transmission.

One other question, Can you keep the AFM in the tuning package. I do a lot of highway driving.

BlackBearPerf

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks, for the reply.

I do have the 6-speed transmission.

One other question, Can you keep the AFM in the tuning package. I do a lot of highway driving.
Happy to help. Yes, you can keep AFM enabled, it would be up to you if you want us to disable it.

AFM is typically a fuel saver on the 2014+ models, so we would only suggest disabling it if you have heavy wheels/tires or can't tolerate the sound with your exhaust.

OP
OP
Reyetwinger

Reyetwinger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well after a long wait with the strike and all my 2020 LS Custom finally came in. Now they just need to take everything off the 19 Midnight Edition,19.jpg 20.jpg plus install a PPV air dam and put it on the 20 and I should be good to go. I'm dropping off my 19 Monday and hopefully I should drive off in the new one on Tuesday. In the end it's going to cost me $8,000 to do the switch. I'm hoping to keep this one longer than I usually do so I am thinking about the Chevrolet Extended Limited Warranty. From what I have been able to research it's not a protection plan, it just extends the factory warranty to 5 years.

Rdr854

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well after a long wait with the strike and all my 2020 LS Custom finally came in. Now they just need to take everything off the 19 Midnight Edition,View attachment 234714 View attachment 234715 plus install a PPV air dam and put it on the 20 and I should be good to go. I'm dropping off my 19 Monday and hopefully I should drive off in the new one on Tuesday. In the end it's going to cost me $8,000 to do the switch. I'm hoping to keep this one longer than I usually do so I am thinking about the Chevrolet Extended Limited Warranty. From what I have been able to research it's not a protection plan, it just extends the factory warranty to 5 years.
According to the Chevy web site, you are correct on the warranty. The catch is that it must be selected at the time of purchase. In talking to my local dealer, the finance manager said that they did not have the paperwork for it yet.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Reyetwinger

Reyetwinger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Done deal, got my 2020. I had a new Silverado 1500 Z71 for a loaner with a 5.3, 8 speed, and 3:42 gears. It was pretty quick with that combo for a 5.3 but the transmission was acting funny. On cold starts it would slip pretty bad and when coming to a stop it had a really hard downshift into first, almost felt like you got tapped in the rear. It certainly had better acceleration than either of my 6 speeds. The Tahoe interior is much nicer though IMO, feels like there are better materials used. The Silverado was the same MSRP as my Tahoe.20t.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Icyagent