2019 Tahoe Z71 or HD towing package

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kpwweb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you're into off-roading, another down side you may want to think about is the LT does not have front tow hooks, the Z71 does. With that being said you can replace the front valence and add the hooks to make it look factory. This is what I did on my LT w/ max trailering pkg.

I did the same thing! Relatively easy mod for not much $$$.

You can also add the aluminum skidplates--a bolt-in process (with a few M-10x1.5 - 25mm bolts).

Blueinterceptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The front air dam can be removed or replaced with the police version. The shield kit is an easy add on as it’s available as a kit. The mounting holes are already drilled and tapped. Tires are easily replaceable.
The Tahoe is not a rock crawler It’s nice for small streams or fields

OP
OP
airborne89

airborne89

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Great information, thanks. I thought the auto leveling suspension was similar to the Jeep suspension which involved an air compressor and was almost $3000 to repair when it went down.

kurt1305

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Here was my logic. The Z71 package brought the MSRP to over $58,000 and I could not get the Max Tow Package which ups the towing capacity to 8400 lbs. With 4x4, the LS and Custom Package was $12,000 less. I have since added fog lights and tow hooks for about $300. I have no need for most of the off road features of the Z71, nor the need for a third row seat, I use 4x4 for slick boat ramps and snowy roads when on vacation.

bldn10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The OP said HD towing package [Z82], not MAX [NHT], if that changes the comparison.
FWIW I know they are out there but I shop for used Tahoes/Yukons almost continuously and have never seen one w/ the MAX package.

Kpwweb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The OP said HD towing package [Z82], not MAX [NHT], if that changes the comparison.
FWIW I know they are out there but I shop for used Tahoes/Yukons almost continuously and have never seen one w/ the MAX package.

You are looking for love in all the wrong places...
This is NHT...
Here is sticker (RPO code in glovebox is NHT)
image.jpg

bldn10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If one orders the Max Tow Package then they must want a real tow beast. So why the 3.42?

This discussion got off track and ended up Max Tow vs. Z71 when the O.P. asked about HD Tow vs. Z71; that is what I meant.

Tiki

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Neither the HD or the Z71 offer the auxiliary trans cooler anymore?

OP
OP
airborne89

airborne89

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I miss spoke with the original question. I meant to say Max Tow vs. Z71.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbhidalgo17