2019 Tahoe SSV idling high

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MTNLaw

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello all,
I'm new to the forum. Recently my department purchased a number of 2019 Tahoes. I've noticed that since about 200 miles, mine will jump from 500 RPM to about 900 RPM while sitting in park. No shakes or misfires, just idling high. It usually will correct itself after about an hour of running OR turning the car off and back on again, however within 20 or 30 minutes the RPMs will return to 900. My vehicle seems to be the only one that does this. Any ideas if that's normal or what it could be?

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hello all,
I'm new to the forum. Recently my department purchased a number of 2019 Tahoes. I've noticed that since about 200 miles, mine will jump from 500 RPM to about 900 RPM while sitting in park. No shakes or misfires, just idling high. It usually will correct itself after about an hour of running OR turning the car off and back on again, however within 20 or 30 minutes the RPMs will return to 900. My vehicle seems to be the only one that does this. Any ideas if that's normal or what it could be?
Hi, and welcome tot he forum! my first suspect would be the throttle body it shouldn't be dirty or sticky being that new but... it could be, you could try cleaning the throttle body and see if it goes back to normal, if not there are a couple other suspects such as a dirty or faulty maf (mass air flow sensor) or even the throttle position sensor or possibly a vacuum leak like around the intake manifold or air intake.
first thing I would do is visually inspect the air intake, air filter & lid, look and see if anything is loose or even cracked along the plastic intake from the airbox to the throttle body if unmetered air is getting in after the mass air flow sensor it can goof things up for the computer.
we like pictures around here too :thumbsup:

Rdr854

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would it to your fleet maintenance shop. It may have to go back to the dealer for warranty work. There could be a software issue as well.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would it to your fleet maintenance shop. It may have to go back to the dealer for warranty work. There could be a software issue as well.
I was going say get it to maintenance to but that might mean he has to drive something undesirable in the meantime, lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
16yukon